Monitor refresh rate

neext

Hi 

Few days ago I bought a new monitor. It says it's 60hz but when i go to display options I can see 71hz and 72hz options(look the attached image). Whenever I try to change it it goes back to 60hz(even if I choose lower value like 50hz). It's connected with HDMI. My Monitor is Samsung C24F396FH. Is it even possible to get that higher refresh rate or not really? 

image.png

The Hz is limited to 60Hz, you cant have 144Hz on a 60Hz monitor. But I have no clue why it would go back from 50? Could just be the only Hz you can have on that monitor. 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

3 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

The Hz is limited to 60Hz, you cant have 144Hz on a 60Hz monitor. But I have no clue why it would go back from 50? Could just be the only Hz you can have on that monitor. 

On my old 60hz monitor it didn't even show any other options than 60hz so I'm wondering why it does now and why I can't change it. If it's limited to 60hz then why does it show 71 and 72 there?

1 minute ago, neext said:

On my old 60hz monitor it didn't even show any other options than 60hz so I'm wondering why it does now and why I can't change it. If it's limited to 60hz then why does it show 71 and 72 there?

I have no idea 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

Just now, Avve1000 said:

I have no idea 

And I tried something yesterday. I opened cs:go with argument "-freq 72" and it actually was 1920x1080 @72hz so it looks like it's possible.

2 minutes ago, neext said:

And I tried something yesterday. I opened cs:go with argument "-freq 72" and it actually was 1920x1080 @72hz so it looks like it's possible.

Maybe it refigures itself depending on what program you are running. Try having cs:go on and then change the Hz

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

2 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

Maybe it refigures itself depending on what program you are running. Try having cs:go on and then change the Hz

Didn't work :/

Just now, neext said:

Didn't work :/

put the game on windowed mode and then try 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Avve1000 said:

put the game on windowed mode and then try 

After I put it in windowed mode it changes to 60hz lol

Just now, SCGazelle said:

Do you have a Nvidia or AMD GPU?

Nvidia. GTX 1060 6GB

Just now, neext said:

After I put it in windowed mode it changes to 60hz lol

lol 

why tho? could be some old kind of "gaming optimizing" still seems like a far fetched conclusion

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Avve1000 said:

lol 

why tho? could be some old kind of "gaming optimizing" still seems like a far fetched conclusion

I have no idea

2 minutes ago, neext said:

Nvidia. GTX 1060 6GB

check in Nvidia Control Panel and see what display resolutions and refresh rates it lists. My guess is that somehow, Nvidia introduced those refresh rates to the list.

26 minutes ago, neext said:

Hi 

Few days ago I bought a new monitor. It says it's 60hz but when i go to display options I can see 71hz and 72hz options(look the attached image). Whenever I try to change it it goes back to 60hz(even if I choose lower value like 50hz). It's connected with HDMI. My Monitor is Samsung C24F396FH. Is it even possible to get that higher refresh rate or not really? 

image.png

I am owner of C27F390 and this is showing you cause you can crank up refresh rate to 75 Hz but you have to use NVIDIA Control Panel to create virtual resolution with that refresh rate.