Got a problem installing windows

DAnewguy
Go to solution Solved by 88pockets,

Select Delete and then new. 

If that doesn't work, pop the HDD into a separate computer and run an Ubuntu live image to use the formatting tools on that. 

Format it to FAT32 and then out the hard drive back into the machine you want to install windows on. 

Then select delete and new and have the windows installer format to NTFS and create the system partitions. 

Then click next until you're booted into windows.  When it asks for which settings to use turn off basically everything (this youtube video surprisingly explains it quite well... 

_

So trying to install Windows and get this message I got access to another desktop if needed message reads: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the setup log files.

Edit* before this it said I needed to have a GPT disc and I converted it to GPT but got no idea what that did or if that even matters

1511892968724979548495.jpg

If that doesn't work, pop the HDD into a separate computer and run an Ubuntu live image to use the formatting tools on that. 

Format it to FAT32 and then out the hard drive back into the machine you want to install windows on. 

Then select delete and new and have the windows installer format to NTFS and create the system partitions. 

Then click next until you're booted into windows.  When it asks for which settings to use turn off basically everything (this youtube video surprisingly explains it quite well... 

_

1 minute ago, 88pockets said:

_

Dude took me 1 sec to do this I didn't gg just thank you lol