PC Shuts down specific moment

NicoGutierrez

A while back I bought a 1080 ti, and my pc started turning off only when i played games. I thought it could be because of my psu or overheating, so I bought a CPU cooler and the problem stopped for some months. Now I started playing Shadow of War and this problem came back, but it happens almost everytime I open the world map (just happened once or twice when i wasnt in the map), so I thought Id buy a new psu; but im afraid that wont solve it (since it mostly happens in that  exact situation) and ill waste like 300 bucks (the psu id need is pretty expensive where i live).

Specs:

i5 4690k stock speed

cooler master 212x

8gb ddr3 1866mh ram

evga 1080 ti ftw3

gigabyte z97x gaming 5 mobo

Samsung 850 evo ssd

Cooler master V650 (Im thinking of getting a V1000)

do they have stores that let you test stuff or something you got to check that off the list psu does cause random shutdowns.

2 minutes ago, NicoGutierrez said:

Cooler master V650 (Im thinking of getting a V1000)

No need for such an overkill PSU. 650w would be enough. Also, 1080 Ti will be bottlenecked by your CPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, linustouchtips said:

do they have stores that let you test stuff or something you got to check that off the list psu does cause random shutdowns.

Nope, I would have to buy it off the internet, there are barely any hardware stores in my town and they dont sell good PSUs.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

No need for such an overkill PSU. 650w would be enough. Also, 1080 Ti will be bottlenecked by your CPU. 

I thought the 650 would be enough, but i get that problem and when i contacted Cooler Master all they did was say my psu was too weak and give me a link to a more powerful psu. And Im not having any performance problems, im gaming at 4k ultra settings and in most games im around 60fps. 

3 minutes ago, NicoGutierrez said:

I thought the 650 would be enough, but i get that problem and when i contacted Cooler Master all they did was say my psu was too weak and give me a link to a more powerful psu. And Im not having any performance problems, im gaming at 4k ultra settings and in most games im around 60fps. 

They are talking nonsense. 650w is more than enough. Can you go to event viewer and see what messages you see.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

38 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

They are talking nonsense. 650w is more than enough. Can you go to event viewer and see what messages you see.

n event viewer I got some error messages at the time of the crash, but im not sure what to do

1st i got a critical that said "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

then a warning "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_BandLuxe&Prod_MMC_Storage&Rev_1.10#7&2ebc7b21&0&356734040050928&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}."

and an error "The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported."