Blue screen when not plugged into wall laptop

Hey, I had a bunch of kernel issues so i did a full reformat and reinstall of windows. Most hings work, but:
If i'm on battery power (aka i disconnect the power adapter from the wall), i get an instant blue screen 2 seconds later, or a few seconds after booting.
BUT, the laptop works perfectly fine, even on battery, when it's in safe mode.
All drivers and firmware is updated, only things I haven't tried are reflashing bios/firmware (It's on the newest version but I don't know, could it be improperly installed somehow?), and there's also a battery reset button under my laptop, don't know what good that would do.
I'm kinda lost on ideas though, could it be video card drivers? both my nvidia and intel ones are updated and work fine when plugged into wall.
can give logs but i'm pretty sure it's just kernel errors and the like, the last one was ntoskrnl.exe, spbCx.sys and win32kbase.sys crashing on me.

Reset all the things.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Update:
Maybe it has nothing to do with the battery
Laptop was working fine not connected to anything except the power
Then just blue screened multiple times while trying to do the shift restart thing to get into safe mode
it worked the third time
Then i restarted, blue screened twice when on this page trying to post an update. Got a nice old video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error as well.
I then replugged all my stuff in (2 monitors, peripherals) and it's working fine again.
I can try using the display driver uninstaller and reinstalling my intel and nvidia stuff, but I mean I did a clean install of all of that a few days ago...

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Reset all the things.

What else is there to reset, I had the laptop crash on me for the first time literally a day after i did a clean install of windows with all the drivers and programs.
I'm open to suggestions.

2 minutes ago, DanteK said:

What else is there to reset, I had the laptop crash on me for the first time literally a day after i did a clean install of windows with all the drivers and programs.
I'm open to suggestions.

https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Ntoskrnl.exe-Missing-or-Corrupt-Error

And I guess re-flashing BIOS would be nice just to make sure it's working.

Oh, and what version of Windows are you using? Also what hardware?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

windows 10 64
Acer Predator 17 G9-791, 6700hq, 980m, 32gb ddr4, 256gig samsung 950
I've had it for ~2 years

P.S. I've run memcheck chkdisk and seatools so I doubt it's my ram or ssd

What bluescreen error are you getting? Can you pull some of the logs that it writes out? They should give you some clue as to what file or memory error is occurring. 

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

Most of the time it's IRQL or ntoskrnl, sometimes system exceptions, sometimes things like intelppm, I've mostly been plugged in at home to all my stuff since that's where it seems stable (as in it doesn't crash at all), but before I clean installed windows i had wdf violations, system thread exceptions, dxgmms2, kernel security check failure... most of the time still irql or ntoskrnl