computer crashing/bsod with gpu driver install

inolle

his computer is experiencing issues when installing graphics card drivers. he has tried a couple different gpus they are

radeon hd 6450 nvidia gtx 465

computer is blue screening during nvidia driver install, and gets stuck in a reboot loop when he tries to use his amd video card

specs include 

• windows 7 64bit
  • asrock ab350 pro am4
  • 16 gb ram
  • ryzen 1700
  • raidmax 730 watt psu

any help greatly appreciated, i do not know his bios version

Desktop amd ryzen 1700x gtx 980 16gigs of ram

Laptop powerspec 1710  intel i7 7700hq, gtx 1070, 16 gigs of ram

Just curious here, but with the Asrock AB350 Pro mobo, the Ryzen 1700 and the 16 gigs of ram, has he considered upgrading to Windows 10?  Windows 7 is an outdated OS and Microsoft does not offer any upgrades for it any longer.  My suggestion is to upgrade the system to Windows 10, then install one of the newer cards and see what happens.  For some reason, I think your problem will solve itself in the process.

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Just curious here, but with the Asrock AB350 Pro mobo, the Ryzen 1700 and the 16 gigs of ram, has he considered upgrading to Windows 10?  Windows 7 is an outdated OS and Microsoft does not offer any upgrades for it any longer.  My suggestion is to upgrade the system to Windows 10, then install one of the newer cards and see what happens.  For some reason, I think your problem will solve itself in the process.

hes trying to not buy a new o/s, hes also not a fan of windows 10, but ill recommend it to him anyway

Desktop amd ryzen 1700x gtx 980 16gigs of ram

Laptop powerspec 1710  intel i7 7700hq, gtx 1070, 16 gigs of ram

Just now, inolle said:

hes trying to not buy a new o/s, hes also not a fan of windows 10, but ill recommend it to him anyway

If he is running Windows 7 he could probably get by without having to buy Windows 10 if he uses the Windows Media Creation Tool.  And if he does end up getting Windows 10, he can get a key for it from kingguin.  Not sure of the spelling there, can someone double check that please.

10 hours ago, inolle said:

his computer is experiencing issues when installing graphics card drivers. ......

• windows 7 64bit
  • asrock ab350 pro am4
  • 16 gb ram
  • ryzen 1700
  • raidmax 730 watt psu

any help greatly appreciated, i do not know his bios version

Officially, AMD does not support Ryzen CPUs on Windows 7. Microsoft has all but ended support for the OS; and ASROCK don't support it with this motherboard.....  I have a problem installing .... x y z ... 

The reason it does not work will be numerous. So continue finding new ways to kill Windows 7 or learn to use Windows 10... oh look it works just like a bought one.

Let me know does Windows 3.11 for Workgroups or Win95 still work or having issues installing it as well ?