Need help with setting up SFML on Linux

Cavi

So, yesterday I made this thread on the Linux subforum:

I didn't get any replies, so I figured out this might be a better place. Long story short, I found an old laptop, installed 32 bit Lubuntu on it and the only way I can get SFML is to compile it myself. However, when I run cmake, get the makefiles and proceed to use the "make install" function, or when I try to compile it in Code::Blocks, I get an error:

CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot set permissions on "/usr/local/./include"

Makefile:73: polecenia dla obiektu 'install' nie powiodły się
make: *** [install] Błąd 1

I'm sorry, it's partially in polish because I copied it directly, but basically it says that executing commands for the object "install" was unable to succeed. If I try to link what I already got in the folder to my Code::Blocks project, I get the "cannot find -lsfml-graphics-d (and etc)" error. It was so easy to do on Windows, but it's such a pain for me on Linux. Any help? Anybody has experience in this? It would be greatly appreciated.

37 minutes ago, Cavi said:

file INSTALL cannot set permissions on "/usr/local/./include"

so the install cannot change the permissions of that file. try running install with sudo or change the owner of that file to you.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

11 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

so the install cannot change the permissions of that file. try running install with sudo or change the owner of that file to you.

Thanks! Such a simple thing, I didn't really think of it... I'm new to Linux, I need to still get to know it :) My SFML folder is messed up and it still doesn't work, but I bet that's because of all the weird things I did to try and get it to work. I'll try a clean cmake build and I'll let you know if this works.