Should i upgrade my GPU or..?

ozisike

Hey, So i'm wondering if its worth upgrading my current graphics card, Or does my system need upgrades elsewhere? Here Is my build. I've had it for a couple of years, I have about 500 i can spend, Just not sure on what.

I would wait until the new generation of gpu´s come out and get the new so called (1070) and get another 8gb ram stick as well.

1 minute ago, Maxan98 said:

I would wait until the new generation of gpu´s come out and get the new so called (1070) and get another 8gb ram stick as well.

Oh thats a big outdated, I'm dumb, I have 24gb of ram currently,

Edit: Also was trying to upgrade during black friday, Wanna see if i can get any deals.

1 minute ago, ozisike said:

Oh if you have that much ram upgrade your gpu to a 10 series

Just now, ozisike said:

ohh then you may just upgrade the gpu to the new equvelent of the 1070. If you manage to save enough money then get the new generation of ryzen processors next year.

Just now, Ryois said:

Oh if you have that much ram upgrade your gpu to a 10 series

Any tips on witch card i should invest into? My current gpu cant handle Ark survival evolved ( I do understand that game is not optimized but still getting 30 fps sucks) 

Just now, ozisike said:

Any tips on witch card i should invest into? My current gpu cant handle Ark survival evolved ( I do understand that game is not optimized but still getting 30 fps sucks) 

If you can go over by about 30$ get a 1080 if not get a 1070.

if you really want to get an instant upgrade the 1080 or the 1070ti is great deals especially now on black friday, i have seen the 1080 down on 500 multiple times!

5 minutes ago, ozisike said:

Edit: Also was trying to upgrade during black friday, Wanna see if i can get any deals.

You can get a gtx 1080 for $499

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

1 minute ago, Maxan98 said:

if you really want to get an instant upgrade the 1080 or the 1070ti is great deals especially now on black friday, i have seen the 1080 down on 500 multiple times!

1 minute ago, Ryois said:

If you can go over by about 30$ get a 1080 if not get a 1070.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127943&cm_re=1080-_-14-127-943-_-Product
something like this? 

Just now, Maxan98 said:

Yes! i have a friend who has that card and his ark is running 1440p ultra settings 60fps

but that is with a 8700k aswell

Just now, Maxan98 said:

but that is with a 8700k aswell

Ahh, Ill upgrade my CPu one day. Okay ill look into it. Thanks!

Are you noticing any loss of performance since you built the PC as new games are released, or do you want to invest into higher tier? If no to both, then stick with what you have for now.

Only buy things because you need them for something.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

Just now, steffeeh said:

Are you noticing any loss of performance since you built the PC as new games are released, or do you want to invest into higher tier? If no to both, then stick with what you have for now.

Only buy things because you need them for something.

Well on most games i'm not getting 60 fps, like i'd want, On battlefront 2 ( dont flame me ) I get maybe 50 fps sometimes, but  most of the time  i do get 60, On ark i get 30, ETC, I'd just like better overall performance, on the + side i can give my sister this GPU if i get a new one, and save my dad some money on building her a computer, Cause shes getting one for xmas.

4 minutes ago, ozisike said:

Well on most games i'm not getting 60 fps, like i'd want, On battlefront 2 ( dont flame me ) I get maybe 50 fps sometimes, but  most of the time  i do get 60, On ark i get 30, ETC, I'd just like better overall performance, on the + side i can give my sister this GPU if i get a new one, and save my dad some money on building her a computer, Cause shes getting one for xmas.

I think the right thing for you is to get a new gpu either the 1070 if you wanna save some money but otherwise get the 1080 it´s a great bang for the buck if you want so called future prof 1080p gaming

Just now, ozisike said:

Yea might get that, Wanted a backplate but  i should be fine, my computer has pretty good airflow so temps  shouldnt be a issue.

Yeah if you have windowed chassi get the msi just beacuse it looks pretty decent.

Just now, Maxan98 said:

Yeah if you have windowed chassi get the msi just beacuse it looks pretty decent.

ye i do haha, Alright thanks for all the help!

1 minute ago, ozisike said:

Yea might get that, Wanted a backplate but  i should be fine, my computer has pretty good airflow so temps  shouldnt be a issue.

The asus strix 1080 is 529

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/v34NnQ/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-rog-strix-video-card-rog-strix-gtx1080-a8g-gaming

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D