I need help finding a good monitor for 200$

Yana

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum!!! 

My birthday is near and I would like to have a second monitor, this monitor i would like to have it under 200$

I would like an IPS monitor but I'm having trouble finding one that is to my liking while also fitting the price range.  The best one I could find was this one https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-cf591-series-c27f591fdn-27-led-curved-fhd-freesync-monitor-silver/5044701.p?skuId=5044701 problem is, its a curved monitor(some people say it isn't good for gaming, plus i never had a curved monitor before).

Should I keep a flat or go with this curved monitor? I was watching videos and apparently it can go higher in Hz with a AMD card(I have nvidia) 

The games I play are PUBG, DOTA 2, Destiny 2 for now.

What do you guys think?

5 minutes ago, Yana said:

pparently it can go higher in Hz with a AMD card

Not really how it works. You can get adaptive-sync with AMD, meaning that the monitor will only display as many frames as the GPU puts out. This can result in smoother gameplay if your card can't achieve full 60FPS.

However the maximum number of FPS (60FPS) is still the same for both AMD and Nvidia. From what I see, it looks pretty nice but I'm not an expert in monitors by any standards.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

asus vg245h is what i got, around 200$cad, it's not ips tho, but it's 75hz freesync 24 inch.

8 minutes ago, Howitz said:

asus vg245h is what i got, around 200$cad, it's not ips tho, but it's 75hz freesync 24 inch.

May i ask why you got it?

9 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Not really how it works. You can get adaptive-sync with AMD, meaning that the monitor will only display as many frames as the GPU puts out. This can result in smoother gameplay if your card can't achieve full 60FPS.

However the maximum number of FPS (60FPS) is still the same for both AMD and Nvidia. From what I see, it looks pretty nice but I'm not an expert in monitors by any standards.

ah ok ty!

I actually own this monitor and it's pretty nice.

The curve does actually make it more "immerse" rather than a flat 27" and I do some casual gaming w/ it just fine.

Yet, 1080p is really what you should be worrying about. You could see pixels.

It also doesn't support vesa... I had to get a $30 adapter

Just btw, it's also a va panel.

14 minutes ago, gundamMC said:

I actually own this monitor and it's pretty nice.

The curve does actually make it more "immerse" rather than a flat 27" and I do some casual gaming w/ it just fine.

Yet, 1080p is really what you should be worrying about. You could see pixels.

It also doesn't support vesa... I had to get a $30 adapter

Just btw, it's also a va panel.

Dang so it’s isnt a ips panel? And what is vesa?  And if it is 1080p , I’m fine or would I have to go higher?(sorry not good with monitors as you can see)

4 minutes ago, Yana said:

Dang so it’s isnt a ips panel? And what is vesa? Why would I need an adaptor for it?  And if it is 1080p , I’m fine or would I have to go higher?(sorry not good with monitors as you can see)

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/led/samsung-27-curved-led-monitor-lc27f591fdnxza/#specs

It's VA, basically like a mix of TN and IPS.

Vesa is literally four mounting holes on the back of the monitor. In other words, w/o vesa, you won't be able to use another monitor mount and you're pretty much stuck w/ the one it comes with. In case your wondering, here's the adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXPJZH1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A383DI1D5IGYZ0&psc=1

The 1080p thing depends on your personal preference I guess... For me, I'm alright w/ the dpi but I could some pixels. Tbw, for $200, you might as well add 50 bucks for the monoprice 4k one. 

3 minutes ago, gundamMC said:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/led/samsung-27-curved-led-monitor-lc27f591fdnxza/#specs

Vesa is literally four mounting holes on the back of the monitor. In other words, w/o vesa, you won't be able to use another monitor mount and you're pretty much stuck w/ the one it comes with. In case your wondering, here's the adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXPJZH1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A383DI1D5IGYZ0&psc=1

The 1080p thing depends on your personal preference I guess... For me, I'm alright w/ the dpi but I could some pixels. Tbw, for $200, you might as well add 50 bucks for the monoprice 4k one. 

Ok ty I’ll keep it in mind! 

58 minutes ago, gundamMC said:

Hey sorry again, I was looking at the monoprice 4K monitor, it says that it is a ahva panel. Would you prefer this monitor over the one I listed?

1 hour ago, Yana said:

Hey sorry again, I was looking at the monoprice 4K monitor, it says that it is a ahva panel. Would you prefer this monitor over the one I listed?

I'm not too sure on that but here's thread for that

But it has hdr so it kinda adds a bit to the lesser color issue? (not too sure)

And yes I would totally pay 50 bucks to swap my cf591 to the monoprice one just for 4k.