4 way PWM fan splitter

Joveice

Hello,

I was wondering if a 4 way PWM splitter works without any issues.

Been talking with corsair and they said "No, you can't split something and still control it correctly" and I got a bit confused as most of their AIO coolers with 2 fans got splitters and they work without any issues with PWM.

Cheers

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

28 minutes ago, Joveice said:

Hello,

I was wondering if a 4 way PWM splitter works without any issues.

Been talking with corsair and they said "No, you can't split something and still control it correctly" and I got a bit confused as most of their AIO coolers with 2 fans got splitters and they work without any issues with PWM.

Cheers

you can only have RPM readings from one fan but "control" all 4 since all the fans will get the same PWM signal. if you have 4 identical fans this should not be an issue, but say you would have 2x 140mm and 2x 120mm fans connected to the same splitter, two of the fans will run at a different speed than the other two.

the fans will also be out of sync when you take different brands or models within the same size because fans will turn duty cycles into to different rpm

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

you can only have RPM readings from one fan but "control" all 4 since all the fans will get the same PWM signal. if you have 4 identical fans this should not be an issue, but say you would have 2x 140mm and 2x 120mm fans connected to the same splitter, two of the fans will run at a different speed than the other two.

the fans will also be out of sync when you take different brands or models within the same size because fans will turn duty cycles into to different rpm

Yea I where going for 4 identical fans

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

Just now, Joveice said:

Yea I where going for 4 identical fans

then you should be all good.

if the one fan that can send RPM signal says it spins at 1000 rpm, it's safe to assume the others will also be spinning at 1000rpm