Replacing Rad Fans Question

jigabyte

Hi everyone,

I have an NZXT Kraken X62 that I'm planning on installing in my next build, and I also want to replace the default fans with Corsair LL140 ones. The manual for the AIO has the fans be plugged in to the included fan headers, but if I wanted to control the RGB on the LL140s, I have to plug those in to the Corsair lighting hub.

Would it be alright to plug those fans in to the hub instead of the included header on the pump and have everything work fine with the AIO?

Yes, you will just have to set up the fan curves. The headers coming from the AIO are controlled by the firmware, to scale PWM duty cycle with CPU/Coolant temps automatically. If you don't use them youll just have to manually make sure the fans ramp up as you desire.

Just now, zberry7 said:

Yes, you will just have to set up the fan curves. The headers coming from the AIO are controlled by the firmware, to scale PWM duty cycle with CPU/Coolant temps. 

Thanks for the response. So if I don't set the curves would it not work at all or simply be not optimal? Either way I'll probably play around with it

12 minutes ago, jigabyte said:

Thanks for the response. So if I don't set the curves would it not work at all or simply be not optimal? Either way I'll probably play around with it

If you plug it into your mobo/hub, the fan speed should ramp up with the CPU temp, but you just might want to tune it some, for optimal noise/performance.

edit: no problem :P