I need some help with my setup...

Go to solution Solved by Leonius,
3 hours ago, DepressedSquid said:

how much would the bottlenecking affect the performance though? like would an i3 6100 with it be a lot better than my processor?

no not a lot. If I were you i would get the better card and save up for a new processor. you can also buy an older better sandy bridge processor used for pretty cheap.

Hello,

I am on my way to completing my plan to upgrade my setup, and I have everything from Hardware to Aesthetics. However, I am having trouble in finding a GPU that goes well with my CPU (The Sandy-Bridge Core i3 2120). Everything else in my setup hasn't been bought yet and I have a budget of around $400 to upgrade/have a setup (PC, Monitor, Decals, Peripherals, etc.). I have done a bit of research and came with these options, I just need help with choosing/finding a GPU:

I have narrowed down to these options, feel free to add or give me suggestions/what to use:

GTX 1050Ti (with a bit of bottleneck)

RX 560 (with a bit of bottleneck)

GTX 1050

RX 550

GTX 750Ti

My PC (currently has):

i3 2120

4GB DDR3

500GB 7200RPM

Integrated HD 2000

No Wi-Fi Module

The Case and PSU came with the PC (it's a pre-built), and I'm planning on taking the PSU and using that in the new case, with the RAM and GPU being the only hardware upgrade (maybe Windows 10), hence why I have no side panel

Here's my plan so far (mainly just looking for a GPU):

Computer Upgrades.pdf

If you cannot see the PDF: 

Computer Upgrades: 251.82

-         4GB DDR3 – 29.00

-         GTX 1050Ti – 154.99

-         Bitfenix Neos (No Window) – 39.99

-         Cryorig M9i (LGA1155) – 19.99

-         Windows 10 (?) – Free

-         Wi-Fi Dongle – 7.85

Programs: FREE (I already have it) -

-         Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 – 1.5GB

-         Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 – 1.5GB

-         Battle.Net (Overwatch) 2GB

-         Epic Games (Fortnite)

-         OBS – 500MB

-         iTunes – 100MB

-         FL Studio – 100GB

-         Discord – 100MB

-         Razer Cortex – 1GB

-         Chrome – 50MB

-         Steam (CSGO, Half-Life, Rocket League, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, ARK, The Forest, Saints Row 2, GTA: SA) – 150GB

-         CCleaner – 50MB

-         AVG – 50MB

-         Skype – 50MB

Setup Upgrades:

For the PC: 90.95

o   Mouse Mat – 6.99

o   Keyboard – 39.99

o   Mouse – BUNDLED

o   Gaming Headphones – 19.99

o   USB Hub – 8.99

o   Headphone Hanger – 14.99

For the PS3: 15.99

o   Two Move Controller Stands  - (Maybe D-I-Y it)

o   Monitor Riser (PS3 under it) – 15.99

o   Controller Stand -  (Maybe D-I-Y it)

The Rest: 12.78

o   iPad Stand – 9.99

o   Cable Ties – 3.34

Total Setup = $391.36 ($400 Upgrade)

-         PS3 Gear = $355.55 ($360 Upgrade)

It really depends on your budget. If you can get a 1050 Ti obviously that will have the longest lifespan and be able to play newer games longer (just likely not at highest settings), even if you upgrade your CPU in the future. However, if you're on a tight budget I'd go with whatever you can get the best deal on between the standard 1050 and the 560. The 1050 and 560 are pretty close in performance, although both are somewhat behind the 1050 ti. I'd stay away from the 550 as it's really not that great unless your budget is super tight and you're only looking to play lighter esports games. That being said, with the i3-2120 it's reasonable to potentially get some bottlenecking depending on the game no matter what card you go with.

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...

9 minutes ago, DepressedSquid said:

Hello,

I am on my way to completing my plan to upgrade my setup, and I have everything from Hardware to Aesthetics. However, I am having trouble in finding a GPU that goes well with my CPU (The Sandy-Bridge Core i3 2120). Everything else in my setup hasn't been bought yet and I have a budget of around $400 to upgrade/have a setup (PC, Monitor, Decals, Peripherals, etc.). I have done a bit of research and came with these options, I just need help with choosing/finding a GPU:

I have narrowed down to these options, feel free to add or give me suggestions/what to use:

GTX 1050Ti (with a bit of bottleneck)

RX 560 (with a bit of bottleneck)

GTX 1050

RX 550

GTX 750Ti

My PC (currently has):

i3 2120

4GB DDR3

500GB 7200RPM

Integrated HD 2000

No Wi-Fi Module

The Case and PSU came with the PC (it's a pre-built), and I'm planning on taking the PSU and using that in the new case, with the RAM and GPU being the only hardware upgrade (maybe Windows 10), hence why I have no side panel

Here's my plan so far (mainly just looking for a GPU):

Computer Upgrades.pdf

get the 1050ti, i don't think there will be a lot of bottlencking... the amd cards are still to expencive.

30 minutes ago, CheeseburgerChad said:

It really depends on your budget. If you can get a 1050 Ti obviously that will have the longest lifespan and be able to play newer games longer (just likely not at highest settings), even if you upgrade your CPU in the future. However, if you're on a tight budget I'd go with whatever you can get the best deal on between the standard 1050 and the 560. The 1050 and 560 are pretty close in performance, although both are somewhat behind the 1050 ti. I'd stay away from the 550 as it's really not that great unless your budget is super tight and you're only looking to play lighter esports games. That being said, with the i3-2120 it's reasonable to potentially get some bottlenecking depending on the game no matter what card you go with.

Yeah, the 1050ti's price is the highest I'm willing to go (around $150)

43 minutes ago, Leonius said:

get the 1050ti, i don't think there will be a lot of bottlencking... the amd cards are still to expencive.

how much would the bottlenecking affect the performance though? like would an i3 6100 with it be a lot better than my processor?

3 hours ago, DepressedSquid said:

no not a lot. If I were you i would get the better card and save up for a new processor. you can also buy an older better sandy bridge processor used for pretty cheap.