NZXT kraken x62 vs thermaltake floe rgb

both look great, both cost roughly the same, i own an x62 in my rig amd have had no issues but this build will be for a close friend and wondered if the floe is a better option seeing as i see a lot of people say the x62s pumps fail a lot

x62 is trash

clc280, h115i or silent loop 360

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

9 minutes ago, Armakar said:

x62 is trash

already considered the latter 3, narrowed down to x62 and floe, which of those would you reccomend?

Just now, ImNotThere said:

already considered the latter 3, narrowed down to x62 and floe, which of those would you reccomend?

neither

Main Rig

5 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

thabks for the help i guess?

Pump failure and trash temps vs a company who won't replace components if the cooler leaks

Should reconsider your choices

Main Rig

12 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Pump failure and trash temps vs a company who won't replace components if the cooler leaks

Should reconsider your choices

but surely gamers nexus wouldnt advertise for a clc with issues? (floe rgb)

4 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

but surely gamers nexus wouldnt advertise for a clc with issues? (floe rgb)

I didn't say issues, I said Thermaltake don't replace components damaged by a leak. The staff themselves confirmed this.

Main Rig

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

I didn't say issues, I said Thermaltake don't replace components damaged by a leak. The staff themselves confirmed this.

i see, but will any company truly do that? for say if a clc nukes my whole system?

12 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

i see, but will any company truly do that? for say if a clc nukes my whole system?

yes, EVGA, NZXT, Be Quiet and Corsair all do it (i dont know about others), thermaltake has specified they will not.

EVGA are the most reliable in terms of service, they are reputable and praised for being excellent. If your EVGA cooler leaks i'd bet EVGA will replace everything pretty quickly. In my experience, Corsair are good too. Be Quiets! support is decent and they confirmed they will pay for damage components. NZXT said they pay for it, but their support is useless.

Main Rig

9 minutes ago, Armakar said:

yes, EVGA, NZXT, Be Quiet and Corsair all do it (i dont know about others), thermaltake has specified they will not.

EVGA are the most reliable in terms of service, they are reputable and praised for being excellent. If your EVGA cooler leaks i'd bet EVGA will replace everything pretty quickly. In my experience, Corsair are good too. Be Quiets! support is decent and they confirmed they will pay for damage components. NZXT said they pay for it, but their support is useless.

i see, so the the x62's pump is trash, the floe is good but the support is trash?

i see, so the the x62's pump is trash, the floe is good but the support is trash?

I don't know if their support is good or not, but their policies are bad. They won't replace components damage by their cooler not out of bad support, but because they don't have a policy that states they will.

But yeah, essentially your right.

Corsair, Be Quiet and EVGA all have good support, good quality products and a policy that states they will re-imburse for broken parts caused by their coolers. The same can also be said for EVGA's powersupplies.

Corsair's h100i, h115i are all good choices.

Be Quiet's silent loop 240/280/360 are also good choices.

The EVGA CLC 240 or CLC 280 are also great.

Main Rig

I don't know if their support is good or not, but their policies are bad. They won't replace components damage by their cooler not out of bad support, but because they don't have a policy that states they will.

But yeah, essentially your right.

Corsair, Be Quiet and EVGA all have good support, good quality products and a policy that states they will re-imburse for broken parts caused by their coolers. The same can also be said for EVGA's powersupplies.

Corsair's h100i, h115i are all good choices.

Be Quiet's silent loop 240/280/360 are also good choices.

The EVGA CLC 240 or CLC 280 are also great.

i was going to go with the clc 280 but the friend needds hella rgb so would be replacing the fans anyways, but i guess if the clc 280 is good, ill just buy that and buy some rgb fans seperately 

i was going to go with the clc 280 but the friend needds hella rgb so would be replacing the fans anyways, but i guess if the clc 280 is good, ill just buy that and buy some rgb fans seperately 

The CLC 280 is RGB. It's quite a big pump with a big RGBLED EVGA logo, i've used one before. 

Also, the RGB on the X62 kind of gets old. After a while you realise your just looking at a single RGB strip with a mirror behind it. I personally like the be quiet silent loop because it's got no rgb and no messy cables, just a classy be quiet logo.

Main Rig

The CLC 280 is RGB. It's quite a big pump with a big RGBLED EVGA logo, i've used one before. 

Also, the RGB on the X62 kind of gets old. After a while you realise your just looking at a single RGB strip with a mirror behind it. I personally like the be quiet silent loop because it's got no rgb and no messy cables, just a classy be quiet logo.

cool, ill go with the evga cooler then, i don't suppose you know of any good rgb fans?

corsair LL fans are a little too pricey

theyre getting an aura motherboard so idk if any of the fans are controllable via aura

cool, ill go with the evga cooler then, i don't suppose you know of any good rgb fans?

corsair LL fans are a little too pricey

theyre getting an aura motherboard so idk if any of the fans are controllable via aura

I just used LED strips for mine - £20 for a stock fan made out of crappy plastic and no antivibration mounts makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off (which I am). Atleast the £20 for each of my silent wings 3 I paid for, I got a quality fan with rubber mounting.

As for RGB LED fans, take a look at this page, it lists (most) of what is compatible with Asus Aura: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html

Note there are several products that are asus aura compatible but aren't listed on there - my case (be quiet dark base  700) works with Aura but it's not listed.

Main Rig

1 hour ago, ImNotThere said:

both look great, both cost roughly the same, i own an x62 in my rig amd have had no issues but this build will be for a close friend and wondered if the floe is a better option seeing as i see a lot of people say the x62s pumps fail a lot

I have the Kraken X62 and have had no issues with it. As you can see in this graph https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8301/thermaltake-floe-riing-360-tt-premium-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html The results when overclocked is only 3 degrees. Don't see the reason to buy a thermaltake 360 loop when there is this little gain. 

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

7 minutes ago, Klovnious said:

I have the Kraken X62 and have had no issues with it. As you can see in this graph https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8301/thermaltake-floe-riing-360-tt-premium-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html The results when overclocked is only 3 degrees. Don't see the reason to buy a thermaltake 360 loop when there is this little gain. 

i assumed the 280mm (which is the floe i was referring to) would perform close to the x62 making it down to pumps really, i do hear a lot of problems with the x62 and the floe has hella rgb 

11 hours ago, Armakar said:

This depends on the laws in a given country though. 

I gave up trying to get parts that all could be controlled from a single program, got some rgb strips that where aura compatible and called it a day. (strix mobo + phanteks strips). For that reason my aio will be a fractal s24, no bells and whistles that aren't features adding to what an aio is supposed to do.

Excuse me for coming into this discussion, but I also was wondering about which AIO cooler to buy, and somebody in a different thread suggested me the Fractal Desig. Kevin s36 because its all copper, but it doesnt seem to be very good, its old, and the new version, the Celsius, had kind of lackluster reviews; in this article, 

the EVGA seems to be the best in both temps and noise, with Noctua very close to it.

I really wanted a 360mm one, but you're all speaking very badly about the "
Thermaltake Floe RGB 360" which was the one I was looking to buy if I wasnt going for the fractal celsius, and because Thermaltake doesn't provide a good warranty? Could I get a source on that, and on failure rate of the Noctua pumps?

I was thinking that maybe I could also use the 

l with good RGB fans on it.

Is there no good 360mm AIO? If they're not RGB, I can put RGB fans myself. I mainly want a good pump and radiator.

And if theres no good 360mm AIO, do I have to go with the EVGA 280mm one and replace the fans basically?

On 11/21/2017 at 12:52 PM, Armakar said:

x62 is trash

Sorry, what? Isn't the x61 and x62 on top for their price range, especially up against H115is and CLC280s?

52 minutes ago, The Pizza Man said:

Sorry, what? Isn't the x61 and x62 on top for their price range, especially up against H115is and CLC280s?

No? Price doesn't equal good.

Main Rig

X62 is good.  Using one on my 6850K currently while I consider how to do my custom loop.  Also have an X52 on my 1600X build.  They both have functioned very well and I have had fewer issues than I have with Corsair coolers.  That being said they are more expensive and you can get similar cooling with a quality Noctua Air Cooler.   Armakar seems to not like them despite reviews being overall positive but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.