3D Printing Beginner

Daftlander

So I need an adaptor to connect a leaf blower to a hoover hose, as part of my forging set up. I have been getting buy by duct taping it all together every time I set up. 

Now I've knocked together a model in sketchup and I'm pretty happy with it given that it is my first go at this kind of work. 

So... 

Any advice as to which service to print with? 

Any advice on how to make a model ready to for printing?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a few pictures of the model.

adaptor1.png

adaptor2.png

adaptor3.png

9 minutes ago, Daftlander said:

Any advice as to which service to print with? 

Search 3D Hubs for a service near you that can print a part of this size in the material that you want.

9 minutes ago, Daftlander said:

Any advice on how to make a model ready to for printing?

Exporting it as a .STL file should be enough.

The printing service will check if this model can be printed on their machine, you don't have to worry about slicer settings or anything. Just make sure that you verify all the important dimensions before sending it out.

Main Linux rig: HP Elitebook 2560P (i5-2410M, 8 GB, Pop! OS)

Living room/couch gaming rig: AMD 5800X, Asus TUF Radeon 6900 XT, 32 GB, 65" LG C1 OLED

Home server and internet gateway: Dell Optiplex 3040 MFF (i5-6500T, 16 GB, Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS)

Phone: Asus Zenfone 10

Depending on the printer being used/settings you should have a 0.2mm + (0.4-0.6mm for the worse printers/not properly calibrated ones out there) offset with parts that interface with each other. Make sure that that tab ( i think that's what that is ) doesn't move too much(with multiple insertions) as it could be likely to fail at that part possibly. Possibly have a taper for the interfacing parts? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Be warned, Sketchup has a habit of creating unusable, damaged mesh files. Grab meshmixer to open it up and inspect before sending it off to ensure it's exported correctly (fully watertight, no gaps and no 'intersecting shells/bodies'. Also, .stl files don't preserve units so ensure you export in MM or you'll be getting back tiny, tiny parts.