Cooling issues

I need help configuring the cooling for my 6700k using an h100i v2 I saw great cooling benchmarks previously online but now that I have it, it gets loud and hot. it sometimes hits 83* c this is when playing games such as pubg. Can someone help me configure the cooler and such to be able to cool my CPU well without killing it???

3 minutes ago, BlackUnicornGaming said:

I need help configuring the cooling for my 6700k using an h100i v2 I saw great cooling benchmarks previously online but now that I have it, it gets loud and hot. it sometimes hits 83* c this is when playing games such as pubg. Can someone help me configure the cooler and such to be able to cool my CPU well without killing it???

You sure its on properly? You might wanna reseat it. Do you have an overclock on the cpu at all? 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

I am pretty sure, I mean i am using arctic silver 5. I do not have an overclock at this current time. is there anything that you would recommend more???

6 minutes ago, BlackUnicornGaming said:

I am pretty sure, I mean i am using arctic silver 5. I do not have an overclock at this current time. is there anything that you would recommend more???

Sending it back. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Okay if it gets loud, then there is something wrong with it. take that shit off and put on whatever cooler you had on before. Send it in for an RMA. the pumps probably broken for something