Headphones for traveling

Hana

I travel a lot for work, I’m a travel nurse, so I’m on a flight to a different city every 3 months, so I obviously need something to keep me entertained during the flights. (And any international trips as well lol) so any ideas? I also run a lot during the week and prefer wireless. Don’t have a budget but something not too outrageous! Thanks!

Bose Quiet Comfort 35, Best headphones on the market imho, bit pricey though... £300 i think :S 

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

While Bose is typically considered to be overpriced, I peronsally haven't found anything that beats its active noise canceling and comfort combination. They still sound quite good as well, there are definitely better value options as far as pure sound quality goes, but from what I have tried the Bose QC headphones are a great go to for a travel pair, if you have the cash

Bose QC35 is still the best headphone for plane travelling and if you want wireless as well

I think most reviews put Sony's new noise cancelling headphones as the best these days.

My personal favorite travel headphones are IEMs.  I like Etymotic Research's IEMs, they have flanged inserted tips that offer tons of isolation, much better than any active noise cancelling could achieve.  They sound great too, easy to drive.  If you're uncomfortable with inserting these into your ears they might not be for you, however.

3 hours ago, ShredBird said:

I think most reviews put Sony's new noise cancelling headphones as the best these days.

My personal favorite travel headphones are IEMs.  I like Etymotic Research's IEMs, they have flanged inserted tips that offer tons of isolation, much better than any active noise cancelling could achieve.  They sound great too, easy to drive.  If you're uncomfortable with inserting these into your ears they might not be for you, however.

Or you can buy shure or westone iem and then get their custom sleeve.

As someone who usually travels trans-pacific, your normal iem just hurts your ears and headphone makes you unable to turn around trying to sleep

21 hours ago, xtroria said:

Or you can buy shure or westone iem and then get their custom sleeve.

As someone who usually travels trans-pacific, your normal iem just hurts your ears and headphone makes you unable to turn around trying to sleep

You can do custom molds with Etymotic as well.  I guess it just depends how much the OP wants to spend.

QC35. 

go try them yourself in apple store. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.