Buying stuff from amazon.com internationaly

GamerBlue
Go to solution Solved by johnjohns111,
2 minutes ago, GamerBlue said:

Hi, i'm trying to buy some new bluetooth headphones as i broke my wire from my last ones(that's why i want bluetooth ones, because i break wires very easily and i just don't want to have problems with that again). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTPHK5W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1M0GZGHL8F7T8&psc=1 it says it does ship to my country but i don't know how much money i need to pay for shipping. Btw this would be my first buy from amazon. If you're asking why i want it off of amazon it's because i can't find it in my country and in amazon.co.uk it's apparently like 120 pounds..

"Shipping rates depend on the selected shipping speed and weight/size of the items.

To determine the applicable shipping rate for items in your Cart:

1. Select Proceed to Checkout
  2. Select or add your shipping address
  3. Select a shipping speed and select Continue
  4. Select a payment method and select Continue

The total shipping & handling cost will be listed under Order Summary."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468636

Hi, i'm trying to buy some new bluetooth headphones as i broke my wire from my last ones(that's why i want bluetooth ones, because i break wires very easily and i just don't want to have problems with that again). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTPHK5W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1M0GZGHL8F7T8&psc=1 it says it does ship to my country but i don't know how much money i need to pay for shipping. Btw this would be my first buy from amazon. If you're asking why i want it off of amazon it's because i can't find it in my country and in amazon.co.uk it's apparently like 120 pounds..

2 minutes ago, GamerBlue said:

"Shipping rates depend on the selected shipping speed and weight/size of the items.

1 minute ago, johnjohns111 said:

'aight thank you lad

I would add it to your cart, then proceed to checkout. This will give you options (Which will/should tell you shipping) without actual committing to the purchase yet. (If you press "Place your order" then no going back :P )

Edit: Ninja'd

You can add it to the cart, go to checkout and see how much shipping costs before buying it. 

Bear in mind you'll likely have to pay VAT and import duties as well. VAT will be 20% of the cost (including the shipping cost) and duties can vary. (assuming you're in the UK, as you mentioned amazon.co.uk?)

EDIT: I would advise just getting a different pair rather than buying from the US. If you need to get them replaced under warranty, you'll have to ship them back to the US, then may have to pay shipping and VAT again when they come back. 

Just now, anothertom said:

I mean, you could always buy a different pair of (bluetooth) headphones.

well i couldn't find any other decent bluetooth headphones ;(

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You can add it to the cart, go to checkout and see how much shipping costs before buying it. 

Bear in mind you'll likely have to pay VAT and import duties as well. VAT will be 20% of the cost (including the shipping cost) and duties can vary. (assuming you're in the UK, as you mentioned amazon.co.uk?)

no i'm actually from Romania

Just now, GamerBlue said:

Do you know what it is like to import from your country? As mentioned earlier, taxes and fees on top of that could add up significantly. In the UK it depends a bit on the delivery method. Big name couriers (e.g. FedEx, UPS) will usually pay on your behalf and claim it back off you with handling charge. The UK postal service will demand payment before releasing it, but they don't 100% charge and sometimes you can get lucky without.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

Do you know what it is like to import from your country? As mentioned earlier, taxes and fees on top of that could add up significantly. In the UK it depends a bit on the delivery method. Big name couriers (e.g. FedEx, UPS) will usually pay on your behalf and claim it back off you with handling charge. The UK postal service will demand payment before releasing it, but they don't 100% charge and sometimes you can get lucky without.

yeah i'll probably choose not to buy it and search for other options...

Just now, GamerBlue said:

Well, you'll still have import fees and taxes, though I'm not sure what they'll be for Romania. 

You'd be better off buying from somewhere in the EU to avoid having to pay extra fees on top of shipping. 

AUSDOM M06 headphones seem to come up a lot on Amazon.de and .fr. They look like they may be partially the same as the Photive BTH3s. They're also on .co.uk. 

Well, you'll still have import fees and taxes, though I'm not sure what they'll be for Romania. 

You'd be better off buying from somewhere in the EU to avoid having to pay extra fees on top of shipping. 

AUSDOM M06 headphones seem to come up a lot on Amazon.de and .fr. They look like they may be partially the same as the Photive BTH3s. They're also on .co.uk. 

yeah ok i'll look up some reviews for those headphones rn

As part of EU it wont be much different from UK. Maybe small differences for local rate but all parts of EU have to keep it at similar levels.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

well anyways if i'd have to pay like half of the price of the headphones only for shipping it I won't buy it

well crap those headphones were another good option but i didn't find any romanian sites that had them. bummer