Laptop acting weird

My laptop is acting up lately.

Almost everytime I use my laptop, it will freeze.

During the freeze:

-My mouse still moves.

-Current task still works. eg. youtube video(but will hang after I click on a next video/refresh/back)

-Task bar unresponsive

-Ctrl + Alt + Del unresponsive until the com starts running again (which is only for a split second)

-Apps unresponsive

-Restart screen will hang for quite a while after I manages to reach the restart button

I suspect that it is a CPU dying but I googled the symptoms of CPU failure the closest symptom is the freezing part. However, my mouse and the current task still works not like how the website describes a freeze(even mouse hangs).

Has anyone encounter such problem?

Thanks in advance! 

4 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

During the freeze:

-My mouse still moves.

-Current task still works. eg. youtube video(but will hang after I click on a next video/refresh/back)

-Task bar unresponsive

-Ctrl + Alt + Del unresponsive until the com starts running again (which is only for a split second)

-Apps unresponsive

-Restart screen will hang for quite a while after I manages to reach the restart button

I suspect that it is a CPU dying but I googled the symptoms of CPU failure the closest symptom is the freezing part. However, my mouse and the current task still works not like how the website describes a freeze(even mouse hangs).

Thanks in advance! 

how have your thermals been and how are they currently? when did you get the laptop? what model is it?

Full specs? It might be a dying HDD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

During the freeze:

-My mouse still moves.

-Task bar unresponsive

-Apps unresponsive

Thanks in advance! 

I'm suspecting a hard drive faliure... get an ssd? Idk... only if you have 200 bucks for a good one

Laptop Model: ASUS G751JT

Specs:

i7 4710HQ

GTX 970M

8GB ddr3l 1600MHz

Btw this issue happens long ago and is troubling me since. At first I thought the HDD was dying so I got a SSD(samsung 750 evo 240GB).

As I have mentioned earlier that this issue happens before my SSD upgrade, so when I bought the SSD I cloned the HDD to the SSD and have the the system boot up with the SSD (so currently I have the SSD and the original HDD in the system). But the problem still there.

1 hour ago, openthatchest said:

I'm suspecting a hard drive faliure... get an ssd? Idk... only if you have 200 bucks for a good one

54 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

What operating system are you running? Might be valueable information fokes.

Could you read your HDD's SMART diagnostics data to check if it's a drive failure?

How old is the laptop? What are the specs?

1 hour ago, ZM Fong said:

Full specs? It might be a dying HDD

Specs:

i7 4710HQ

GTX 970M

8GB ddr3l 1600MHz

Btw this issue happens long ago and is troubling me since. At first I thought the HDD was dying so I got a SSD(samsung 750 evo 240GB).

As I have mentioned earlier that this issue happens before my SSD upgrade, so when I bought the SSD I cloned the HDD to the SSD and have the the system boot up with the SSD (so currently I have the SSD and the original HDD in the system). But the problem still there.

49 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Specs:

i7 4710HQ

GTX 970M

8GB ddr3l 1600MHz

if your having trouble a clean install is always the first step imo simple easy to do and fixes so many problems. i wouldnt have cloned it.