What drivers to install for chipset B65?

happeewormy
Go to solution Solved by Ryois,

Windows should automatically download chipset drivers. Here is the Download Center page for Core i7 2600 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/52213/Intel-Core-i7-2600-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3-80-GHz-

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my i7-2600 Sandy Bridge computer. However I'm very confused as to what drivers to install. When I use the search option on Intel's downloadcenter I don't see any chipset drivers nor do I see any drivers which are compatible with Windows 10 64-bit. What drivers do I download?

IS there a particular platform feature that isn't working right now that you need the drivers for? I've only ever needed to install them on business-class machines with Q-series chipsets in order to enable all the intel vPro stuff for manageability.

If everything you expect to work works out of the box, I wouldn't install anything.

Just now, Tabs said:

IS there a particular platform feature that isn't working right now that you need the drivers for? I've only ever needed to install them on business-class machines with Q-series chipsets in order to enable all the intel vPro stuff for manageability.

If everything you expect to work works out of the box, I wouldn't install anything.

I thought you were meant to download and install drivers manually. But I guess Windows 10 does it automatically now. Whatever.

Just now, happeewormy said:

So I don't have to download any Ethernet or audio drivers?

Nope windows should auto download those. What is your motherboard?

Just now, Ryois said:

Nope windows should auto download those. What is your motherboard?

Alright fine! I don't know the modelnumber of my motherboard as the only thing device manager shows is: Standard SATA AHCI Controller.