Weird Issue... is it my RAM?

JLCarveth

Hey guys, I'll start with my specs. 

1. Asus Z170-P D3
  2. Intel Core i5 6600
  3. Corsair Vengeance 1x8gb ddr3
  4. Asus Strix 970
  5. Corsair CX750 M

This started at the end of the summer. My PC had been off most of the year, but was working fine for most of the summer. However, near the end, i would be getting BSODs every ten minures, stating PAGE_FAULT or some MEMORY errors. So when I move into my new place, I rebuild the PC hoping that a tear down and rebuild will fix whatever mysterious issue. 

It doesnt. So I try to install Linux, since windows isnt working. However, all of my Linux USBs (different distros) all failed for different reasons. With elementary OS, i could try the OS and everything worked fine, until when I wanted to install at the last step it would say there was a USD or HDD or CD issue. I have 2 different HDDs and SSDs ive tried which all failed. Ive tried reseating the ram, clearing the cmos, removery mode SFC commands on windows, everything. 

When trying ti install Ubuntu, I can't even get past the boot screen, and get this weird immage: 

20171108_075531.thumb.jpg.53e07f3cb95f942a07d5d440cd8fa1f7.jpg

I just want my rig back! Any help is greatly appreciated. Do I need a new set of ram?

You can rule out bad RAM with MemTest x86

Run it overnight. You *will* know if the RAM is bed, or if the problem lies elsewhere

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

If you're impatient and have more than one stick of RAM, try one stick at a time. It could also be a bad memory slot, which can be ruled out by using one slot at a time.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

You can rule out bad RAM with MemTest x86

Run it overnight. You *will* know if the RAM is bed, or if the problem lies elsewhere

How can I run a piece of software if I can't even get windows to stay running for more than 10 mins? I've googled these problems and all suggested solutions are things like this. I need a fix without any software..

2 hours ago, JLCarveth said:

How can I run a piece of software if I can't even get windows to stay running for more than 10 mins? I've googled these problems and all suggested solutions are things like this. I need a fix without any software..

MemTest x86 runs from a live CD, or live USB. No windows or other OS required

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Considering that you're using a dedicated GPU, I would suggest taking that out and running off the iGPU since any issues with the RAM would mean that the issues would still crop up.

• 4 weeks later...

Late reply, but Memtest showed over 300,000 errors. Hopefully Corsair will be able to send me a new stick, considering how many of their products I have, but we will see. I have more ram I can try when I get home for xmas break as well.