2.1 amp powerbank for my phone???

TheSameTricks

so i've been searching for powerbanks on the internet and i noticed that most of them have 5v/1amp and 5v/2.1amp outputs...

i'm currently using a zenfone selfie (the one that's based on the zenfone 2) and the included charger says 5v/2.0amp

can i use the 5v/2.1amp output to charge my phone? i cant seem to find something with just a 2amp output

1 minute ago, TheSameTricks said:

so i've been searching for powerbanks on the internet and i noticed that most of them have 5v/1amp and 5v/2.1amp outputs...

i'm currently using a zenfone selfie (the one that's based on the zenfone 2) and the included charger says 5v/2.0amp

can i use the 5v/2.1amp output to charge my phone? i cant seem to find something with just a 2amp output

Yes, devices pull as many amps as they need, so you can use a higher amperage charger.

I edit my posts a lot.

1 minute ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Yes, devices pull as many amps as they need, so you can use a higher amperage charger.

am i not going to damage anything? hehe

2 minutes ago, TheSameTricks said:

am i not going to damage anything? hehe

I'm pretty confident that it will be fine. Both the phone's circuitry and the battery bank's circuitry are designed to protect the devices.

I edit my posts a lot.

8 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

I'm pretty confident that it will be fine. Both the phone's circuitry and the battery bank's circuitry are designed to protect the devices.

thanks man, anyway the one im looking at says it has "intelligent output" so i gues it will be okay

Just now, TheSameTricks said:

thanks man, anyway the one im looking at says it has "intelligent output" so i gues it will be okay

Yep that will be fine. Means it will gradually increase the current until it senses that it's not being used from what I understand.

I edit my posts a lot.