Gamepad for PC ps3/ps4/xbone

Sack

Hi, I was wondering what the easiest way to get a gamepad working on your computer. Up until now, I've used a ps3 controller with the montioninjoy drivers however, their website disappeared and now that doesn't work anymore. I've tried Scp Server, that doesn't work at all, gives me a lot of errors along with messing with my mouse. I've tried a native driver developed by the same guys behind scpserver, but that nothing at all either.

Am I doomed to using the xbox controller, or is the ps4 controller a possible solution as well?

u can use a ps4 controller sony has made it much simpler to get it working with pc its almost as easy as plug and play you can also use bluetooth 2 device or buy a legit sony usb dongle for it to be wireless

sony dualshock usb dongle: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/gaming-controllers/dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

6 minutes ago, gansuk said:

u can use a ps4 controller sony has made it much simpler to get it working with pc its almost as easy as plug and play you can also use bluetooth 2 device or buy a legit sony usb dongle for it to be wireless

sony dualshock usb dongle: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/gaming-controllers/dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

DONT BUY THIS! 

20 minutes ago, Sack said:

Hi, I was wondering what the easiest way to get a gamepad working on your computer. Up until now, I've used a ps3 controller with the montioninjoy drivers however, their website disappeared and now that doesn't work anymore. I've tried Scp Server, that doesn't work at all, gives me a lot of errors along with messing with my mouse. I've tried a native driver developed by the same guys behind scpserver, but that nothing at all either.

Am I doomed to using the xbox controller, or is the ps4 controller a possible solution as well?

Download DS4Windows, you can use your dual shock controllers on windows and remap them how you like, I bought a £5 Bluetooth dongle from ASUS and it works great. Or you can use it without Bluetooth by plugging it in normally.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

DONT BUY THIS!

i was just showing him that sony them selfs now support windows i did also say that bluetooth2 device will work just the same

Just now, gansuk said:

i was just showing him that sony them selfs now support windows i did also say that bluetooth2 device will work just the same

I’m aware but the is no point as a bluetooth adapter costs a lot less and works as good as the sony one.

12 minutes ago, gansuk said:

3 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

DONT BUY THIS! 

Download DS4Windows, you can use your dual shock controllers on windows and remap them how you like, I bought a £5 Bluetooth dongle from ASUS and it works great. Or you can use it without Bluetooth by plugging it in normally.

Bluetooth isn't that important to me, I just want it to work as a controller since my DS3 doesn't want to work anymore, getting ready for FFXV on pc next year, along with being able to play the old ff games with a controller.

Just now, Sack said:

Bluetooth isn't that important to me, I just want it to work as a controller since my DS3 doesn't want to work anymore, getting ready for FFXV on pc next year, along with being able to play the old ff games with a controller.

DS4Windows should work fine in that case.