How to recover corrupted WAV files from Zoom H4n

Lloyd

Hi All,

Hopefully I'm putting this query in the correct forum!

I recorded a 25-30min WAV file using a Zoom H4n, unfortunately it was knocked off the surface i had placed it on, fell to the floor and turned itself off. On the SD card the file shows as "0kb" and wont play, is there a way I can recover this information?

My research has told me that it is likely corrupted due to having not been saved properly by the Zoom due to the abrupt power disconnect, I have tried programs like Recuva as well as attempting to rip the RAW data from the SD card, but have not had any success...

Is there anyone here who can offer suggestions on how to proceed? Is the data recoverable at all?

Thanks,

Lloyd

CURRENT - Dell XPS 15 9550

DECEASED - CPU - Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz || Motherboard - MSI 7613 Ver. 1.0 || RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz || Graphics card - MSI GT 220 || Storage - 1x240GB SanDisk SSD Plus (Windows 7 SP1), 1x 960GB SanDisk Ultra II (Premiere/After Effects Projects, 1x 640GB WD Caviar Blue (Data Drive), 2x 4TB Seagate External USB 3.0 HDD

• 5 years later...

Given we're 5 years on from the original question, most likely this is no longer relevant to the original topic poster.

In case you got here by means of a search of sorts, hoping to find the answer to the exact or near-exact same problem, see my GitHub page on it:

https://github.com/merethan/zoom-H4n-recovery