gpu for rendering..?

Versti

so my friend asked me to build him a PC for rendering as he is going to be doing youtube stuff...

so i decided to invest most of his money on a very good cpu (better cpu=better rendering time)

do i need to go with a HIGH END gpu for rendering? or is a 750 Ti enough or something like that..

btw the pc is yes only for rendering and not gaming, he is going to record on an XBOX ONE and using an elgato

GPU is wayyyyy more important than cpu for rendering.

whats the budget you are working with.

PC: ryzen r7 1700 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC | gskill 16gb ddr4 2666mhz | Asrock AB 350m pro4 mobo | 120gb m.2 ssd, 240gb sata ssd, 2tb 7200rpm hdd | 750W Coolermaster powersupply | Phanteks Eclipse case | monitor: BenQ PD2500Q

4 minutes ago, Versti said:

so my friend asked me to build him a PC for rendering as he is going to be doing youtube stuff...

so i decided to invest most of his money on a very good cpu (better cpu=better rendering time)

do i need to go with a HIGH END gpu for rendering? or is a 750 Ti enough or something like that..

GPU acceleration, yes, but it is not necessary

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, coldhelios said:

false id say

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

GPU acceleration, yes, but it is not necessary

will a 750 be enough? 

Just now, Versti said:

false id say

so you ask for advice, get advice that doesn't fit your believes but is true and you just choose to ignore it?

way to go son, pack it up guys he already knows everything we are not needed here anymore.

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

so you ask for advice, get advice that doesn't fit your believes but is true and you just choose to ignore it?

way to go son, pack it up guys he already knows everything we are not needed here anymore.

not like that.. but cpu is more important by alot.. so i needed to know if a gpu is even needed

5 minutes ago, coldhelios said:

whats the budget you are working with.

MY Gpu usage around while doing any kind of rendering is 20 %. While cpu usage is 100%.

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

MY Gpu usage around while doing any kind of rendering is 20 %. While cpu usage is 100%.

i see, thanks <3

it honestly depends on what the rendering software is optimized for, but gpu optimized software can easily be 5 times as fast as cpu optimized software when using similarly priced high-end xeons and high-end nvidia cards.

PC: ryzen r7 1700 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC | gskill 16gb ddr4 2666mhz | Asrock AB 350m pro4 mobo | 120gb m.2 ssd, 240gb sata ssd, 2tb 7200rpm hdd | 750W Coolermaster powersupply | Phanteks Eclipse case | monitor: BenQ PD2500Q