mic to go with my headset. My mates say my keyboard is to loud lol

willie420

mic to go with my headset. current one i have my mates complain about being albe to always here my key board while we play.

was looking at a modmic 4 or 5. or maby Boom mic for Senn.

im not realy sure. not looking to spend a hole lot but dont want to cheap out if somthing sucks. .

prerry much want the h212 evo of mics lol.

bose true sound are the headset im using. i have a pair of sony mdr 1000x but there to hevy to game i think :)

15 minutes ago, willie420 said:

mic to go with my headset. current one i have my mates complain about being albe to always here my key board while we play.

im not realy sure. not looking to spend a hole lot but dont want to cheap out if somthing sucks. .

bose true sound are the headset im using. i have a pair of sony mdr 1000x but there to hevy to game i think :)

If you want to save money using push to talk might be a better option for you :)

11 minutes ago, KeFy said:

If you want to save money using push to talk might be a better option for you :)

Defs a good point and I do atm but its annoying lol. trying to kill someone mid fight and have to press another button so lame. Im not trying to really save money. I have money to spend just dont want to drop like 100 plus on a mic :) 

12 minutes ago, willie420 said:

Defs a good point and I do atm but its annoying lol. trying to kill someone mid fight and have to press another button so lame. Im not trying to really save money. I have money to spend just dont want to drop like 100 plus on a mic :) 

It depends on what kind of game are you playing. FPS games would totally sucks have to press a button to talk with friends (sorry CS:GO, no friend calls inside you :() , but MMORPG games, such as Runescape? Well, it sucks aswell but (when I played it) I used to use Ctrl for both push-to-talk in TeamSpeak 2 and as modifier key (to use another ability bar) so that eventually became a habit. After sometime (side note: a really long time...) I realized what I was doing and then I spent a whole week thinking "How have I been doing this all this time, automatically"?.

As mic recommendation take a look at this mic. It's my next mic, this kit includes a mount arm, pop filter, phantom power supply (as a condenser mic requires), the mic itself and the cables. Like my post if you like the mic <3.

We are playing pugb 99% of the time and we are all just in a discord call. we have been mates year years and like to shoot the shit while we r in between game so like to have our mics on all the time :)

2 minutes ago, SecretX said:

It depends on what kind of game are you playing. FPS games would totally sucks have to press a button to talk with friends (sorry CS:GO, no friend calls inside you :() , but MMORPG games, such as Runescape? Well, it sucks aswell but (when I played it) I used to use Ctrl for both push-to-talk in TeamSpeak 2 and as modifier key (to use another ability bar) so that eventually became a habit. After sometime (side note: a really long time...) I realized what I was doing and then I spent a whole week thinking "How have I been doing this all this time, automatically"?. 

1 hour ago, willie420 said:

Voice detection and decrease the sensitivity. I'd go with a modmic out of those options.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

59 minutes ago, willie420 said:

We are playing pugb 99% of the time and we are all just in a discord call. we have been mates year years and like to shoot the shit while we r in between game so like to have our mics on all the time :)

I've edited the post, please take a look at the second paragraph.

I think if a better mic will help in mitigating his problem and since he can afford it, that's definitely way better than pushing buttons and programming macros...

Desktop Specs

Spoiler

Desktop:

CPU Intel i9-7900x - Motherboard Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9 - GPU ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition - Boot Disk Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD - 2nd Disk Samsung 850 Evo 2 TB SATA SSD - Ram 32 GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 C16 - Case NZXT H440 White/Black - PSU NZXT HALE82 V2 700W - CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken AIO X62 280mm - Fans 3 x NZXT AER RGB 140 mm - RGB Controller NZXT HUE+ - Internal USB Hub NZXT - Monitor Samsung U28E850R LED 4K Monitor 60 Hz @ 1440p - Audio Creative Sound Blaster X7 DAC/AMP - Headphones Sennheiser HD650, Bose QuietControl 30, and Bose QuietComfort 35 - Optical Drives Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD03 (USB 3) and Hitachi-LG BD-RE BU40N (USB 3) - Keyboard EMISH K8 104 Keys Mechanical Gaming Keyboard LED Backlit - Mouse EMISH Gaming Mouse LED Backlit - Chair AkRacing Gaming Chair Deluxe Full Leather Onyx Black - OS MS Windows 10 X64 Pro

File Storage:

OS LT unRaid 6.3.5 Pro  - CPU Intel Xeon 1230 V5 - Motherboard Supermicro X11SAT-F-O - Ram Samsung 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-2133 ECC Un-Buffer - Case NORCO 4U Rack Mount 24 x Hot-Swappable RPC-4224 - Controller LSI 3 x 9211-8i  - PSU Seasonic 1000 W Prime (80 + Platinum) - Fans Noctua 3 x 120 mm & 2 x 80 mm - HDDs WD Red 5 x 10 TB & 8 x 8 TB (Dual Parity)

I'd go with ModMIc too... what!? :D I WOULD!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

20 hours ago, willie420 said:

i have a pair of sony mdr 1000x but there to hevy to game i think :)

I'd say that wasn't true, they are very light headphones, for me anyway.  I use them on a daily basis for gaming (I don't have to change headphones when I am moving over to my phone, I'm lazy.) and listening to music.

If I wanted to use them as a headset, I'd just get a ModMic and slap it on them.  The sides are perfect for them as there is more than enough room for one and if you are using it wireless-ly you only have to worry about one cable.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:53 PM, Paranoid Kami said:

Use a macro on your mouse for push to talk. Doesn't interfere that way.

thats a gr8 point but i have already used all my mouse buttons for other in game things 

23 hours ago, Qyndryx said:

I'd say that wasn't true, they are very light headphones, for me anyway.  I use them on a daily basis for gaming (I don't have to change headphones when I am moving over to my phone, I'm lazy.) and listening to music.

If I wanted to use them as a headset, I'd just get a ModMic and slap it on them.  The sides are perfect for them as there is more than enough room for one and if you are using it wireless-ly you only have to worry about one cable.

I might just be a bitch lol. I where them to work and at work all day but they hurt my ears after a while. I can rock the true sounds for 12 hrs and there fine :) 275 grams 9.7oz vs 181 grams 6.4oz your right is not that much difference. i dont know my Bose r just very very soft its like they giving my ears a hug LOL