Improving airflow suggestions?

pzspah

Suggestions welcome,  3 intakes and 1 exhaust. Only the latter is pwm. 

Would removing the bottom intake allow the vertical bottom fan to push more air towards the rear of the case?

20171105_223455.jpg

Cabling is a mess until I can get custom cabling.

What you currently have seems great already. Leave the fan there.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I reckon that bottom intake is doing quite a lot cool that GPU, You basically have perfect airflow to both the CPU and GPU.

If you wanted to get really,, creative, You could make a duct between the top of the lower front 140mm fan and the closest edge of the graphics card. This would prevent any counterflow air exhausting from the graphics card from going up that way, forcing the air from the graphics card more to the rear. If you do this, I might also suggest you flip the power supply so that it can act as a active exhaust for the graphics card section. You would get better thermals on both the GPU and PSU that way, assuming you install a duct of which i previously mentioned. A bit of blacked out cardboard would do. This might impact your aesthetics so I could see why you might not want to do it though.

I have drawn you a crude diagram. 

I also notice that USB drive that is propping up your graphics card. That is a nice touch. :)

20171105_223455.thumb.jpg.5dfd06dea1170b6520f07dcac90ae962.jpg

Thanks for the thorough input, I will definitely look into making a piece to separate the two 140s. Could probably cut a piece out of an old tablet skin.

The PSU never spins up so flipping it probably won't do much. I was very satisfied when I discovered that the USB would work as a prop, it's my windows installer and I kept misplacing it. This way it's always where it's needed :P