need help on RAID 0 setup

amintha1992

I have one of these http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227792

and I want to do a RAID 0 array.

My questions is , would this work for RAID 0

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48622

My motherboard (P8Z77-V) manual said it needs to be identical. Does being on the same capacity class makes it the same? Does that mean I need to either find a another vertex 4 256gb or get 2 of the same? (BTW im Completely happy with my vertex 4, just need more space.

And after changing the SATA mode to RAID how do I open the RAID setup on this motherboard?

Thanks in advance

You get into the RAID bios with Control I, when prompted right after BIOS.

I personally say it will work because drives are drives, they may not be identical but everything will default to the slowest drive if they are slower than each other, there are others that will throw the huge red caution or stop sign but there is no solid evidence it will not work or will cause the quantum wave function to deteriorate. The safe or cautious would buy identical drives, but it being OCZ which no longer makes drives I'd stay clear as who knows if their warranty will stand up after Toshiba buys them out. Different size only means the extra 16Gigs of the Vertex will not be used, and can't be used for anything else it will just sit there wasted un-touched, if you can't live with that then buy another 256 GB drive.

In closing, welcome to RAID! :)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.