Samsung MU7000 HDMI Splitter Problems

TacoSenpai

I recently got a Samsung MU7000 4K HDR TV and I like it especially for the price I got it for however, with as many HDMI devices as I have I have tried to use splitters both powered and unpowered.  However, lets say I have a game console hooked to input 2 on the splitter which is then plugged into input 3 on the TV (in essence giving me 4 additional HDMI ports) when I switch the source to the input on the splitter and the splitter to the console I want on the screen it keeps appearing and disappearing every 3 seconds.  I don't know if this has to do with the auto detect function that Samsung has built into their TVs but its annoying since I can only use HDMI devices that are plugged directly into the back of the TV.  I don't know if there is even a way to turn the auto detect feature off if it is indeed the problem as I continue to see if there is a way I can factory reset the TV so I can see if I can disable it upon first time set up?

Any thoughts on this? 

Try and see if you can update the TV, I had issue with my Samsung TV with a Nintendo Switch keeping cutting in and switching my inputs.

1 minute ago, Cooked Karambawn said:

Try and see if you can update the TV, I had issue with my Samsung TV with a Nintendo Switch keeping cutting in and switching my inputs.

I'll check to see if there is an update available I do know it has updated a few times but this has been a persistent problem since the begining with any HDMI splitter I've tested.  Oddly enough my Nintendo Switch hasn't caused any issues on or off the dock.  Just when I try to use splitters.

On 11/4/2017 at 2:07 AM, LordTaco42 said:

I recently got a Samsung MU7000 4K HDR TV and I like it especially for the price I got it for however, with as many HDMI devices as I have I have tried to use splitters both powered and unpowered.  However, lets say I have a game console hooked to input 2 on the splitter which is then plugged into input 3 on the TV (in essence giving me 4 additional HDMI ports) when I switch the source to the input on the splitter and the splitter to the console I want on the screen it keeps appearing and disappearing every 3 seconds.  I don't know if this has to do with the auto detect function that Samsung has built into their TVs but its annoying since I can only use HDMI devices that are plugged directly into the back of the TV.  I don't know if there is even a way to turn the auto detect feature off if it is indeed the problem as I continue to see if there is a way I can factory reset the TV so I can see if I can disable it upon first time set up?

Any thoughts on this? 

What version of HDMI and HDCP does the splitter support? HDCP is often a culprit in these cases.

Have you also tried another HDMI input on the TV? Some TVs don't support HDMI switches on certain ports.

19 hours ago, Stagea said:

What version of HDMI and HDCP does the splitter support? HDCP is often a culprit in these cases.

Have you also tried another HDMI input on the TV? Some TVs don't support HDMI switches on certain ports.

Hmmm.  I'll have to try a different port I've only tried using port three.  If a different port does not work what kinda of splitters would I look into investing into since I guess I would need one that that supports HDCP?

• 2 years later...

Was this problem every resolved? I am having the same problem!