Triple pg278qr 27” 1440p 165hz questions

Syphon2119

Im getting ready to purchase three pg278qr moniters my goal is to run them all at 1440p 165hz, i have a single asus 1080 gtx im bumping it to have a second. So two asus 1080 gtx strix in sli with the asus bridge with rgb lighting

my question is in order to run nvidia surround for best quality on the displays how would you wire the moniters as each card has only two display ports on them? Also has anyone done this setup what else might i run into? Hows gaming at this lvl with these two cards? Am i still able to get 100+ fps on destiny 2? 

25 minutes ago, Syphon2119 said:

Im getting ready to purchase three pg278qr moniters my goal is to run them all at 1440p 165hz, i have a single asus 1080 gtx im bumping it to have a second. So two asus 1080 gtx strix in sli with the asus bridge with rgb lighting

my question is in order to run nvidia surround for best quality on the displays how would you wire the moniters as each card has only two display ports on them? Also has anyone done this setup what else might i run into? Hows gaming at this lvl with these two cards? Am i still able to get 100+ fps on destiny 2? 

to answer your question about destiny 2. No. you will not be able to get over 100 fps with all 3 monitors. If you just use one you will.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:21 AM, Synawke said:

to answer your question about destiny 2. No. you will not be able to get over 100 fps with all 3 monitors. If you just use one you will.

could you explain more on why?

On 11/3/2017 at 8:55 AM, Syphon2119 said:

It is not possible to run all three at 165 Hz, one of them will have to be limited to 60 Hz. You need a DisplayPort output for each one, the HDMI port on that monitor cannot go above 60 Hz at 1440p and no HDMI to DisplayPort adapters exist which can go above 60 Hz at 1440p either.

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

It is not possible to run all three at 165 Hz, one of them will have to be limited to 60 Hz. You need a DisplayPort output for each one, the HDMI port on that monitor cannot go above 60 Hz at 1440p and no HDMI to DisplayPort adapters exist which can go above 60 Hz at 1440p either.

there will be 4 display ports available

7 hours ago, Syphon2119 said:

could you explain more on why?

Because you dont have enough power to drive the game at that resolution at that high of an FPS? that simple

On 11/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, Synawke said:

Because you dont have enough power to drive the game at that resolution at that high of an FPS? that simple

We shall see i will have it up and running tomorrow will post results

so destiny 2 runs on highest settings around 72 fps for triple 1440p 165hz moniters thats 7680x1440 on two asus strix 1080 gtx cards in sli with a asus bridge not bad it looks amazing