ASUS MG279Q / AOC AG271QX

borcherd11199

So i'm looking to buy a new monitor, i'm currently doubting between the AOC AG271QX and the ASUS MG279Q. The biggest diference between the screens is that the AOC is tn and 1ms gtg and the ASUS is ips and 4ms. Does anyone have any experience with those screens? Is the extra €100 worth the ips? Is the diference with response time noticeable? 

3 minutes ago, borcherd11199 said:

Is the extra €100 worth the ips?

imo definitely yes

4 minutes ago, borcherd11199 said:

Is the diference with response time noticeable? 

Not at all. 1ms and low response time is mostly marketing bs that no one needs to worry about. There are some monitors that do have poor response times for gaming but neither of these 2 do.

IPS is overrated (for games). Get the Samsung C27HG70 instead. 2500:1 static contrast, 10bit VA panel with quantum dot and (compared to 1000-1200:1 of those mentioned panels) HDR capability. 

Honestly I'm not sure what the big deal with IPS for gaming is. The contrast is not even remotely better than TN, in fact they have IPS glow. And the color accuracy of those TN panels is good enough for games. The only edge they have is viewing angles, and that's not worth the extra money if all you do is sit right in front of it.

If you've seen one of those new VA gaming panels, you'll laugh at those TN/IPS panels.

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

IPS is overrated (for games). Get the Samsung C27HG70 instead. 2500:1 static contrast, 10bit VA panel with quantum dot and (compared to 1000-1200:1 of those mentioned panels) HDR capability. 

Honestly I'm not sure what the big deal with IPS for gaming is. The contrast is not even remotely better than TN, in fact they have IPS glow. And the color accuracy of those TN panels is good enough for games. The only edge they have is viewing angles, and that's not worth the extra money if all you do is sit right in front of it.

If you've seen one of those new VA gaming panels, you'll laugh at those TN/IPS panels.

Yes i was looking at that samsung screen as well but I'm planning to use it with a gtx 1080ti and wanted to go a little higher resolution, if that samsung display was 1440p I would already have that. 

Just now, borcherd11199 said:

Yes i was looking at that samsung screen as well but I'm planning to use it with a gtx 1080ti and wanted to go a little higher resolution, if that samsung display was 1440p I would already have that. 

It's the new model fam, it's 1440p. You're confused with the C27FG70 maybe? :)

1 minute ago, borcherd11199 said:

it's a 1440p monitor

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

It's the new model fam, it's 1440p. You're confused with the C27FG70 maybe? :)

whooww whole new opinion now, I live in belgium and they arent available here anywhere. This is a pretty new monitor right? 

5 minutes ago, borcherd11199 said:

whooww whole new opinion now, I live in belgium and they arent available here anywhere. This is a pretty new monitor right? 

Yup, hwi did a video review. The results look pretty amazing. So might be worth the wait.

https://nl.hardware.info/tv/1127/samsung-chg70-hdr-gaming-monitor-video-review

I have the C24FG70 myself, so with the 8bit panel and no HDR. But honestly this is already miles ahead of any of the IPS panels i've had. Including the Dell 2515H and ASUS MG279Q. I might be upgrading to this panel at some point. 

EDIT: why not just buy it from a Dutch or German webshop?

15 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Yup, hwi did a video review. The results look pretty amazing. So might be worth the wait.

https://nl.hardware.info/tv/1127/samsung-chg70-hdr-gaming-monitor-video-review

I have the C24FG70 myself, so with the 8bit panel and no HDR. But honestly this is already miles ahead of any of the IPS panels i've had. Including the Dell 2515H and ASUS MG279Q. I might be upgrading to this panel at some point. 

Yeah I see, and VA is indeed better than ips and way better than tn, I'm gonna look them up and compare it pricewhise to the asus and some other. Thanks!!

Just now, borcherd11199 said:

Yeah I see, and VA is indeed better than ips and way better than tn, I'm gonna look them up and compare it pricewhise to the asus and some other. Thanks!!

It's not "better" per se, however for gaming I'd say these new panels just offer more pro's than con's.