Help me Find what Monitor/Graphics card to buy please :)

DustHaze

Hi guys :D

My questions are

Does the free-sync/g-sync make a huge noticeable difference enough to spend extra cash on it?

What is the best to buy, a 1080p 60hz monitor(because g-sync is expensive)  paired with GTX 1060 or higher cards to get no tearing or stuttering using fast sync,

to get an RX 580 or higher paired with a1080p 144hz free-sync monitor? (because they are cheaper + RX cards can stay in the sync range)

or to get a 1060 or higher with a 144hz 1080p monitor if syncing is not an issue.

I ask these questions because I don't know how these cards will preform  without sync, will it matter or not.

I will appreciate your answers :)

I would go with an RX 580 paired with a 144hz free-sync monitor as the monitor will be less expensive than a g-sync monitor. As for your question "Does the free-sync/g-sync make a huge noticeable difference enough to spend extra cash on it?", there should not be a huge noticeable difference.

15 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

Hi guys :D

My questions are

Does the free-sync/g-sync make a huge noticeable difference enough to spend extra cash on it?

What is the best to buy, a 1080p 60hz monitor(because g-sync is expensive)  paired with GTX 1060 or higher cards to get no tearing or stuttering using fast sync,

to get an RX 580 or higher paired with a1080p 144hz free-sync monitor? (because they are cheaper + RX cards can stay in the sync range)

or to get a 1060 or higher with a 144hz 1080p monitor if syncing is not an issue.

I ask these questions because I don't know how these cards will preform  without sync, will it matter or not.

I will appreciate your answers :)

The RX580 will not really provide the power for 144Hz at desireable levels. 1080p medium-ish, neither would the 1060 ^^

(Depending on the game, ofcourse. Counterstrike will run at these hz/fps, but not Battlefield)

I have a G-Sync monitor and it is something that really shows and I curse at nvidia as they won't support freesync.

That really sucks.

With the current pricing on GPUs you are probably around the same buying a gsync monitor with a 1060 rather tha freesync with a radeon card.

The AOC G2460PF (freesync) or G2460PG (G-Sync) is a great monitor for it's money, I had the G-Sync model here for a week for testing.

For GPU... those you mentioned or 1 step up (1060/1070 or AMDs missing counterpart, Vega is just too expensive^^).

Nvidia also consumes less power. :(

AMD just does not compete in pure gaming at the time in my oppinion.

1 minute ago, Radxr3 said:

I would go with an RX 580 paired with a 144hz free-sync monitor as the monitor will be less expensive than a g-sync monitor. A TQ video covers Freesync vs G-sync here 

I know how it works but I don't know if these high end cards will have such things

2 minutes ago, staubgame said:

The RX580 will not really provide the power for 144Hz at desireable levels. 1080p medium-ish, neither would the 1060 ^^

(Depending on the game, ofcourse. Counterstrike will run at these hz/fps, but not Battlefield)

I have a G-Sync monitor and it is something that really shows and I curse at nvidia as they won't support freesync.

That really sucks.

With the current pricing on GPUs you are probably around the same buying a gsync monitor with a 1060 rather tha freesync with a radeon card.

The AOC G2460PF (freesync) or G2460PG (G-Sync) is a great monitor for it's money, I had the G-Sync model here for a week for testing.

For GPU... those you mentioned or 1 step up (1060/1070 or AMDs missing counterpart, Vega is just too expensive^^).

Nvidia also consumes less power. :(

AMD just does not compete in pure gaming at the time in my oppinion.

well the RX vega is about 429-449 euros and Black Friday is coming, our electricity is 0.15930 cents per KWH,

you said g-sync +1060 when you saying in the same time the 1060 is not powerful enough to run 144hz and that's true, I can't find g-sync monitors with 60hz

Just now, DustHaze said:

well the RX vega is about 429-449 euros and Black Friday is coming, our electricity is 0.15930 cents per KWH,

you said g-sync +1060 when you saying in the same time the 1060 is not powerful enough to run 144hz and that's true, I can't find g-sync monitors with 60hz

Wow that price per kwh *__*

And huh, yeah I kinda argued myself there.

I meant for Games like battlefield and such the 1060 won't do much above 60 fps on high on 1080p.

When playing CS:GO or even most competitive games, you can get benefits with a 1060 or 580 already. :)

(Overwatch runs with 250+ fps on my 1080 on 1440p so ...^^)

However, the advantages of adaptive sync still apply. When you drop to 50 or even less you really feel the benefits.

However, most freesync stop around 45fps wjile (I could be wrong!) G-Sync goes all the way to 30 fps usually. Again, I could be wrong on these numbers. Check these for each device.

I totally forgot about black friday but again, maybe a g-sync nvidia combo will still be more affordable (or even more so then). 

Just keep in mind that by buying one of these monitors, you pretty much set your current and next gpu manufacturer.

I have yet to have a monitor fail on my with 12+ hours of daily usage. I added my g-sync as a new primary, making my older one a secondary monitor.

8 minutes ago, staubgame said:

Wow that price per kwh *__*

And huh, yeah I kinda argued myself there.

I meant for Games like battlefield and such the 1060 won't do much above 60 fps on high on 1080p.

When playing CS:GO or even most competitive games, you can get benefits with a 1060 or 580 already. :)

(Overwatch runs with 250+ fps on my 1080 on 1440p so ...^^)

However, the advantages of adaptive sync still apply. When you drop to 50 or even less you really feel the benefits.

However, most freesync stop around 45fps wjile (I could be wrong!) G-Sync goes all the way to 30 fps usually. Again, I could be wrong on these numbers. Check these for each device.

I totally forgot about black friday but again, maybe a g-sync nvidia combo will still be more affordable (or even more so then). 

Just keep in mind that by buying one of these monitors, you pretty much set your current and next gpu manufacturer.

I have yet to have a monitor fail on my with 12+ hours of daily usage. I added my g-sync as a new primary, making my older one a secondary monitor.

sorry I mean 0.15930 euros :D

its  doesn't make sense if you buy a graphics card for 400 euros then buy a monitor for 400 euros, its not affordable my friend

9 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

sorry I mean 0.15930 euros :D

its  doesn't make sense if you buy a graphics card for 400 euros then buy a monitor for 400 euros, its not affordable my friend

Ah that's a bit closer to my prices (0.21-ish is mine)

For price I went beyond that, my GPU was 600€ and the monitor 500€.

And yes, that is kind of insane. Not gonna argue. :P 

You are correct however, you can say that freesync does not add any cost on top so with a freesync enabled monitor it does not matter wether card you use. :)
Just, with AMD you get benefits on top.

The otherway around, that does not hold true as you pay a significant extra for g-sync and would be stupid not to go all the way.

2 minutes ago, staubgame said:

Ah that's a bit closer to my prices (0.21-ish is mine)

For price I went beyond that, my GPU was 600€ and the monitor 500€.

And yes, that is kind of insane. Not gonna argue. :P 

You are correct however, you can say that freesync does not add any cost on top so with a freesync enabled monitor it does not matter wether card you use. :)
Just, with AMD you get benefits on top.

The otherway around, that does not hold true as you pay a significant extra for g-sync and would be stupid not to go all the way.

dude you have money I don't, I only can go  in the three ways I mentioned in the post, you can tell me what is the best, as you have tested g-sync/free-sync, you can tell me if it does matter that much to spend money on but please just put your self if my place as broke ass guy who finally have money for a PC after 4 years of laptop.