mouse and keyboard in one.

so im going to plug the pc into the big tv that is right behind me, i figured i would buy a wireless all in one keyboard, im going to keep using my mech keyboard on the pc but il swap over to the wireless one whenever i want to watch something on the big screen, i will only be moving about 2 meters so it really isn't far, but it's enough to make my wired keyboard and mouse impractical because i want to sit in my chair, so i figured a wireless keyboard with intergrated mouse pad would do the trick!

is there any products like this that you guys want to reccomend? i have been looking at the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 it looks sufficient and it is VERY cheap, any thoughts on it? or any other products you would reccomend? honestly think i would prefer a trackball over a mouse pad, that should also reduce the size of it.

the logitech keyboard costs about 50$ which is about as cheap as im ever going to find anything down here.

if the logitech one is the one with the mouse pad then thats a pretty nice keyboard for what you are using it for

then u dont need a mouse as well

edit: this one http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/wireless-all-in-onekeyboard-tk820?crid=26

this http://www.logitech.com/no-no/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26 is the one i looked at,  i was hoping to find one with a trackball though, something hopefully abit smaller, but the logitech keyboard is a strong contender, just not ideal, so im looking for suggestions and input :).

i have the Logitech K400 and i use it for my TV and its great its not one you want to be typing large dokuments on but its good for surfing the web and stuff like that the touchpad is also good i haven't had

any problems with it

this http://www.logitech.com/no-no/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26 is the one i looked at,  i was hoping to find one with a trackball though, something hopefully abit smaller, but the logitech keyboard is a strong contender, just not ideal, so im looking for suggestions and input :).

logitech made the one i posted to replace the one u posted xD

logitech made the one i posted to replace the one u posted xD

righto :P thanks, it looks bigger and is more expensive though, a tiny trackball one might just be perfect :P.

righto :P thanks, it looks bigger and is more expensive though, a tiny trackball one might just be perfect :P.

evolve my friend dont be stuck in the past. fuck trackballs

i have the Logitech K400 and i use it for my TV and its great its not one you want to be typing large dokuments on but its good for surfing the web and stuff like that the touchpad is also good i haven't had

any problems with it

thanks fore the input, i guess il just end up rolling with a K400, it's probably the easiest and cheapest option, i guess i won't find a smaller one with a trackball, and probably not at the same price point.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-keyboard-920005108

choose ur country and find the lowest price!

my country isn't pc partpicker supported :P, i did however look up some local prices, and it's 3 times more expensive, if not more in most cases, prices are insane.. thats why i was baffled to find something as cheap as the k400 i found :P, i probably won't be using it THAT much, so quality isn't crucial, it's more for basic navigation, thanks for the suggestion though, hehe .. hopefully i can have high sensitivity on the small trackpad.

Using K400 as my bed-keyboard to control my linuxbox when watching my serials ^^ very convenient and survived tons of drops on the floor sooo ^^ good choice

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

so im going to plug the pc into the big tv that is right behind me, i figured i would buy a wireless all in one keyboard, im going to keep using my mech keyboard on the pc but il swap over to the wireless one whenever i want to watch something on the big screen, i will only be moving about 2 meters so it really isn't far, but it's enough to make my wired keyboard and mouse impractical because i want to sit in my chair, so i figured a wireless keyboard with intergrated mouse pad would do the trick!

is there any products like this that you guys want to reccomend? i have been looking at the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 it looks sufficient and it is VERY cheap, any thoughts on it? or any other products you would reccomend? honestly think i would prefer a trackball over a mouse pad, that should also reduce the size of it.

the logitech keyboard costs about 50$ which is about as cheap as im ever going to find anything down here.

As a matter of fact, I actually am using the K400 for my TV in my living room. It's really nice, and there's a left mouse click button at the top left of the keyboard, I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but it's actually REALLY helpful. I find myself using my right thumb on the touchpad, and then using my left thumb on the left mouse button at the top left side of the keyboard (sort of like holding a controller). I really recommend it. The keyboard is also really small and compact, so it won't take up much space. I say go for it.

Get a TK820 Logitech instead. I don't like the shift button on the keyboard. Currently trying to replace my K400.

hmm yeah, im not exactly expecting to get a great typing experience out of it, then again im only going to use it when im not using my main setup so it should be sufficient, the shift button looks abit intrusive.. looks like they merged the <<< button with shift to make it larger, i think im going to be more annoyed with the small ctrl button.

the problem is, the TK820 costs about 3-4 times as much .. that is the difference beetwen dirt cheap to really expensive.

thanks fore the input, i guess il just end up rolling with a K400, it's probably the easiest and cheapest option, i guess i won't find a smaller one with a trackball, and probably not at the same price point.

Im sure you will get a good experience with the K400 let us know how it turns out(=

As a matter of fact, I actually am using the K400 for my TV in my living room. It's really nice, and there's a left mouse click button at the top left of the keyboard, I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but it's actually REALLY helpful. I find myself using my right thumb on the touchpad, and then using my left thumb on the left mouse button at the top left side of the keyboard (sort of like holding a controller). I really recommend it. The keyboard is also really small and compact, so it won't take up much space. I say go for it.

i didn't see the button in the picture but i find myself using it the exact same way, i didn't think i would be using it at first but the button is actually pretty darn great! if anything it's a complete game changer, would be alot less comfortable without it.

Im sure you will get a good experience with the K400 let us know how it turns out(=

hehe, just wanted to share that i finally got it setup the way i wanted (for the most part, i still need a dispayport cabel which apperantly is impossibe to acquire) im using the keyboard now, i wouldn't use it for typing but it's perfect for my use so i consider it a successful purchase, it's great to be able to sit back in a chair without headphones and just enjoy content on a big screen, much more relaxing for casual content. 

50 bucks is cheap for a membrane wat? im using http://www.amazon.com/HP-KU-1060-Wired-Keyboard-643690-001/dp/B00GOGJOII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387051848&sr=8-1&keywords=ku-1060 and its great but getting a mechanical soon

50$ is extremely cheap for anything and everything down here, surprised to even see something priced at 50$ at all, besides it's wireless and has a trackpad so it isn't JUST a cheapo membrane keyboard, it's good for it's use, and im using a k90 for normal use, though i absolutely despise red switches deep down to the very core of my being.

50$ is extremely cheap for anythign and everything down here, surprised to even see something priced at 50$ at all, besides it's wireless and has a trackpad so it isn't JUST a cheapo membrane keyboard, it's good for it's use, and im using a k90 for normal use, though i absolutely despise red switches deep down to the very core of my being.

why the fuck would u want a touchpad on a keyboard thats a waste of space

why the fuck would u want a touchpad on a keyboard thats a waste of space

i want it because i use it and it saves space? lol? read my post and maybe you will understand.

i use my normal mouse and keyboard on the pc .. but when i want to use my 42 inch tv that's right behind me i just sit down in my comfy chair, lean back and pick up the wireless keyboard, which has a trackpad, obviously i don't want to use a mouse when im lying down or sitting in the chair .. it's just for simplicity and easy navigation.

having a keyboard AND mouse would just be plain silly for that usage.

My sister got the K400 for her HTPC, and honestly, the build quality is downright awful; it creaks and flexes and bends like a piece of rubber. I don't know of any other solutions, however if you look around you should be able to find one. That is the only advice I can give; don't go for the Logitech.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

My sister got the K400 for her HTPC, and honestly, the build quality is downright awful; it creaks and flexes and bends like a piece of rubber. I don't know of any other solutions, however if you look around you should be able to find one. That is the only advice I can give; don't go for the Logitech.

well i already have it so your abit late :P, it doesn't really bend or squeak that much, just alittle bit of cracking if i start bending and twisting on it .. atleast the one i got is fairly solid ish .. ofcourse the build quality isn't fantastic .. it's a piece of plastic so what do you expect? to add to the equation, it's a cheapo piece of plastic, i like the trackpad it's pretty sensetive, however.. i dislike the paint job on the keys and the fact that only the top layer of the keyboard is black .. the rest is just yellow/white ish plastic.

Never in my life would i consider some lame wireless keyboard for normal usage .. it's just for simple navigation and typing "youtube.com or crunchyroll" in the browser while im in the bed or sitting in my chair, nothing else, and for that it serves it's purpose.

ofcourse i wouldn't mind finding something abit more compact and solid, but that would cost more, and i find very comfortable to use, the right thumb on the trackpad and my left thumb on the mouse button clicking, makes navigating easier.

well i already have it so your abit late :P, it doesn't really bend or squeak that much, just alittle bit of cracking if i start bending and twisting on it .. atleast the one i got is fairly solid ish .. ofcourse the build quality isn't fantastic .. it's a piece of plastic so what do you expect? to add to the equation, it's a cheapo piece of plastic, i like the trackpad it's pretty sensetive, however.. i dislike the paint job on the keys and the fact that only the top layer of the keyboard is black .. the rest is just yellow/white ish plastic.

Never in my life would i consider some lame wireless keyboard for normal usage .. it's just for simple navigation and typing "youtube.com or crunchyroll" in the browser while im in the bed or sitting in my chair, nothing else, and for that it serves it's purpose.

ofcourse i wouldn't mind finding something abit more compact and solid, but that would cost more, and i find very comfortable to use, the right thumb on the trackpad and my left thumb on the mouse button clicking, makes navigating easier.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, it's an alright keyboard for what one would use it for, just the build quality could be better. And by the way, sorry to insult your keyboard; I thought you were still taking suggestions. Anyway, enjoy your "media centre experience".

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, it's an alright keyboard for what one would use it for, just the build quality could be better. And by the way, sorry to insult your keyboard; I thought you were still taking suggestions. Anyway, enjoy your "media centre experience".

heh thanks, it's not like you insulted my keyboard or anything, honestly, the build quality is bad .. but i forgive it because it's cheap, the keyboard is cheap and it shows in the lack of detail, but it's good enough for the specific usage.