Offset overclocking ? Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by just_dave,

PState OC.

The efficiency of Ryzen however is so good that PState OC is not worth it. The lower clocks would be difference in terms of single digits.

I've had my Ryzen platform now for a couple months with some ... interesting results, (currently a Ryzen 5 1600 at about 3.5 ghz) at first the chip could be more or less stable at 3.9 (and at one point even 3.95 at about 1.35 volts or so) only the memory couldnt run higher than 2666 or so (3000 mhz dimms) so some updates later and such and now im running for power efficiency at about 3.5 ghz at about 1.2v and 2933mhz on the ram, more or less max. I want to see if i can set a max core clock on all cores for when i need the power but i would like the computer to run at a lower clock at idle, is there a way for me to do that with offset overclocking or is there another method.

Side note, theres a known bug with ryzen and its platform that seems to drop the cpu down to the minimum possible multiplier of 15.5 making the cpu run at 1.55 ghz for some reason, ive narrowed this down to be whenever i adjust the voltage.

Thank you in advance for your time :)

PState OC.

The efficiency of Ryzen however is so good that PState OC is not worth it. The lower clocks would be difference in terms of single digits.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM