Should I buy the cheapest Ultrawide on Amazon?

So, I want to upgrade from one main 1080p monitor to (still having said 1080p in the mix) two LG Ultrawide monitors: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-25UM58-inch-Ultrawide-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MA0MFAVX2JEAHPY3D3KN

I plan to have my 1080p monitor in the middle of the two ultrawides - I'll attempt to use them in Surround occasionally.

Is this monitor worth it, or should I only buy one and get something bigger and better? I mostly want two more (I already have 2 monitors... It's complicated) for productivity use, and it's colour accuracy; resolution and overall image quality make it very appealing.. thoughts?

I am a Tech Enthusiast; Gamer, Computing student; Small YouTuber and a keyboard warrior :^)

System Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-9590 8Cores@4.7GHz | RAM: 16GB (Mixed Kingston&Corsair) | GPU: ZOTAC GTX 960 4GB | Case: Bitfenix Merx Alpha | Storage: Intel P600 M.2 NVMe SSD [BOOT]; Samsung 850 EVO 120GB [Spare]; 240GB OCZ SSD [Games] ;1TB SSHD | PSU: Corsair RM 850x Modular PSU | Displays: AOC 24" 1080p; x2 LG 23" Ultrawides; LG 45" 1080p TV | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 |Keyboard: Ducky Shine DK9008_G2Pro + Razer Blackwidow X Chroma TE | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013; Razer Deathadder Chroma; Razer Deathadder Elite (current) | Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Extended | Audio: Sennheiser Urbanite XL | Operating System: Windows 10 Home

funny becase I replaced my 3 moniter with one ultra wide lol  you must have a big desk 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

funny becase I replaced my 3 moniter with one ultra wide lol  you must have a big desk 

Indeed I do... the thing spans across the longest wall in my room :^)

I am a Tech Enthusiast; Gamer, Computing student; Small YouTuber and a keyboard warrior :^)

System Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-9590 8Cores@4.7GHz | RAM: 16GB (Mixed Kingston&Corsair) | GPU: ZOTAC GTX 960 4GB | Case: Bitfenix Merx Alpha | Storage: Intel P600 M.2 NVMe SSD [BOOT]; Samsung 850 EVO 120GB [Spare]; 240GB OCZ SSD [Games] ;1TB SSHD | PSU: Corsair RM 850x Modular PSU | Displays: AOC 24" 1080p; x2 LG 23" Ultrawides; LG 45" 1080p TV | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 |Keyboard: Ducky Shine DK9008_G2Pro + Razer Blackwidow X Chroma TE | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013; Razer Deathadder Chroma; Razer Deathadder Elite (current) | Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Extended | Audio: Sennheiser Urbanite XL | Operating System: Windows 10 Home

1 hour ago, TheTalkingKeyboard said:

Indeed I do... the thing spans across the longest wall in my room :^)

why not just spend the equivalent on a better bigger ultrawide? youll be moving movie for ages to get from one screen to another with 2 untrawiedes and another moniter 

better to spend more than to cheap out twice 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

why not just spend the equivalent on a better bigger ultrawide? youll be moving movie for ages to get from one screen to another with 2 untrawiedes and another moniter 

better to spend more than to cheap out twice 

That's true, although I'm more looking for screen real-estate at the moment - meaning having more open at once. While having one higher resolution ultrawide might allow me to see more of one window at once, it doesn't fully fix my problem of not seeing all of what I need to see. Plus, then I'll have 3 monitors to play games with surround :)

System Specs:

Just out of curiosity, what in the world do you plan to do with that much monitor? I have a triple monitor display at my disposal, but normally opt for one, and maybe 2 if I'm doing some tedious school work that requires two full screens. I plan on getting one ultra wide soon,  but probably wanna get my hands on a 1080 or 1070 before I do so. 

Regardless of what you do, Id love to see pictures of the end result, that sounds like a interesting monitor setup that I've never seen before. 

That's true, although I'm more looking for screen real-estate at the moment - meaning having more open at once. While having one higher resolution ultrawide might allow me to see more of one window at once, it doesn't fully fix my problem of not seeing all of what I need to see. Plus, then I'll have 3 monitors to play games with surround :)

you cant play on all 3 if they are different resolutions and just one ultrawise is hard even on higher GPUS, and i assume you have a 1080/1080ti  if you're trying to do that. i bet no games even support the resolution of 2 ultrawides.

an ultra wide can have easily 6 chrome tabs open full screen lol 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, MegaLukey said:

Just out of curiosity, what in the world do you plan to do with that much monitor? I have a triple monitor display at my disposal, but normally opt for one, and maybe 2 if I'm doing some tedious school work that requires two full screens. I plan on getting one ultra wide soon,  but probably wanna get my hands on a 1080 or 1070 before I do so. 

Regardless of what you do, Id love to see pictures of the end result, that sounds like a interesting monitor setup that I've never seen before. 

I'm enrolled on a Games Development course, and while rather overkill, I like to have all windows open at the same time. I tend to use multiple programs at the same time; one may be for making game mechanics; maybe another for modelling objects and maybe another for example images or texturing.. you get the idea.

It's funny you mention needing a better GPU, as I only have a 960... I only intent to play light games in surround, so shouldn't kill it :)

System Specs:

3 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

you cant play on all 3 if they are different resolutions and just one ultrawise is hard even on higher GPUS, and im assume you have a 1080/1080ti  if you're trying to do that. 

an ultra wide can have easily 6 chrome tabs open full screen lol 

I've already tried with different aspect ratios.. I mixed 16:9 with 4:3.. Looked really bad and I only used two monitors, but it worked.

I usually have a minimum of 15 chrome tabs open all the time lel

System Specs:

2 minutes ago, TheTalkingKeyboard said:

I'm enrolled on a Games Development course, and while rather overkill, I like to have all windows open at the same time. I tend to use multiple programs at the same time; one may be for making game mechanics; maybe another for modelling objects and maybe another for example images or texturing.. you get the idea.

It's funny you mention needing a better GPU, as I only have a 960... I only intent to play light games in surround, so shouldn't kill it :)

Ah that makes sense!

I have a 970 right now, and as I will be going away to school this upcoming school year, I think it would just be best for me to get a single ultra wide, so it takes up less desk space then two or three. I mention the 1080 because I do enjoy playing more demanding games, and would most defiantly need an upgrade for something of that scale for newer games

I've already tried with different aspect ratios.. I mixed 16:9 with 4:3.. Looked really bad and I only used two monitors, but it worked.

I usually have a minimum of 15 chrome tabs open all the time lel

most people do but I dont need them all open at the same time, right now i have 5 tabs open.

no idea why you need to see 15 tabs at once even the government doesn't need that lol.

and i guess if you want to make your games look worse then go for it lol. even tho in eyefinity and Nvidia it doesn't let you do surround unless all 3 are the same resolution maybe you're using another program? 

sure get those two of those cheap ones its what you seem to want to do. but I honestly see no reason for it.

Spoiler

youll need more that a 960 lol, even a 390 wont handle it  your asking about 5120x1080

way overkill for what you're doing, i sense you are young and not that educated, I do game dev and photoshop/3d molding and thats the reason i got one ultrawise. no borders and i can see all i need 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, MegaLukey said:

Ah that makes sense!

I have a 970 right now, and as I will be going away to school this upcoming school year, I think it would just be best for me to get a single ultra wide, so it takes up less desk space then two or three. I mention the 1080 because I do enjoy playing more demanding games, and would most defiantly need an upgrade for something of that scale for newer games

Realistically though, "Ultrawide" is 21:9, which defaults to 2560x1080, which isn't that much higher than regular 1920x1080.. Seeing as my 960 performs great at regular 1080p with some upscaling, I think you'd be fine with a slightly higher res ultrawide.

System Specs:

3 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

most people do but I dont need them all open at the same time, right now i have 5 tabs open.

no idea why you need to see 15 tabs at once even the government doesn't need that lol.

and i guess if you want to make your games look worse then go for it lol. even tho in eyefinity and Nvidia it doesn't let you do surround unless all 3 are the same resolution maybe you're using another program? 

sure get those two of those cheap ones its what you seem to want to do. but I honestly see no reason for it.

2 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

youll need more that a 960 lol, even a 390 wont handle it 

way overkill for what you're doing, i sense you are young and not that educated 

You don't seem to be as much of an enthusiast as I am.. Doing lots of stuff at once is great.

You call me "Young and uneducated" and yet all I want to do is spend my money on something useful, that I know will be useful to me. I think you are forgetting that I said I wanted screen real-estate, and that having many windows open is the key here.. That's not hardcore 16k gaming lmao. You also say "make your games look worse", when my monitors has literally nothing to do with that. I think you are the uneducated one here... seriously, how can me having more monitors or more windows open make a game look worse.

Yes this is what I want to do. Thank you for your input.

System Specs:

Well, I would like to get my hands on a 1440P ultra wide, so I would need a little more power for something like that. But I guess I'm just twiddling my fingers hoping the prices drop for the 10XX cards before I go off to uni.

Just now, MegaLukey said:

Well, I would like to get my hands on a 1440P ultra wide, so I would need a little more power for something like that. But I guess I'm just twiddling my fingers hoping the prices drop for the 10XX cards before I go off to uni.

It's that time of the year, so it's likely there'll be some sort of price drop over the coming months. Still, the 970 is a great card, and should be able to somewhat keep up with 1440p games.

System Specs:

1 minute ago, TheTalkingKeyboard said:

It's that time of the year, so it's likely there'll be some sort of price drop over the coming months. Still, the 970 is a great card, and should be able to somewhat keep up with 1440p games.

You think so? I guess ill have to look into it. I haven't put much thought into it, as I guess I just thought "hmm, new cards are out mine is obsolete" Thanks for the input!

Just now, MegaLukey said:

You think so? I guess ill have to look into it. I haven't put much thought into it, as I guess I just thought "hmm, new cards are out mine is obsolete" Thanks for the input!

np! Give Dynamic Super Resolution a try in some of your games. Crank the res up a little bit and see if they still play well enough for you. Your card also still supports DirectX12, so it's still good for years to come.

System Specs:

2 minutes ago, TheTalkingKeyboard said:

np! Give Dynamic Super Resolution a try in some of your games. Crank the res up a little bit and see if they still play well enough for you. Your card also still supports DirectX12, so it's still good for years to come.

I will forsure look into that. I have the wind force 970, and it came with OC GURU, a very easy to learn simple overclocking program, do you have any opinions on overclocking in general, and more specifically overclocking a GPU?

You don't seem to be as much of an enthusiast as I am.. Doing lots of stuff at once is great.

You call me "Young and uneducated" and yet all I want to do is spend my money on something useful, that I know will be useful to me. I think you are forgetting that I said I wanted screen real-estate, and that having many windows open is the key here.. That's not hardcore 16k gaming lmao. You also say "make your games look worse", when my monitors has literally nothing to do with that. I think you are the uneducated one here... seriously, how can me having more monitors or more windows open make a game look worse.

Yes this is what I want to do. Thank you for your input.

an ultrawide will stretch the textures so it will look worse, the textures will be bigger and longer so it will not look normal. if you use it across two of them.

you uneducated by wanting to spend you money and stuff you dont need, you do not need that, even huge game dev studios dont use that much screen real estate to make games. how is it useful to by two lower end monitors instead of one really nice monitor right now and then  later on you can always get another? 

and the 960 even the 970 is not THAT good for 1440p gaming as you said unless you want to be running 30fps on lowest settings, unless you play games like cs go. I went from a 390 to a 1080TI becase my 390 couldn't handle 1440p with stable frame rates. abnd the 390 is faster than a 970.

your uneducated becase you think you need more than you do, educated people know what they need and dont spend unneeded money on a screen when that money can go towards professional softwear so your games look good, unless your going the cheap version using like unity then your game textures will look like evey other utility/UE game giving it nothing to stand out from others.

and I really told what do to,  be smart and get a better ultrawide, why get a ultrawise that cost the same as a 1080p moniter thats not even computers top of the line?  electronics are teh one thing to NEVER cheap out one, elections have the lowest progt rate and people even sell it at a loss becase they have to. so if you buying a $150 ultrawise it probably cost closer to that to make and thats just bad. 

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

an ultrawide will stretch the textures so it will look worse, the textures will be bigger and longer so it will not look normal. if you use it across two of them.

you uneducated by wanting to spend you money and stuff you dont need, you do not need that, even huge game dev studios dont use that much screen real estate to make games. how is it useful to by two lower end monitors instead of one really nice monitor right now and then  later on you can always get another? 

and the 960 even the 970 is not THAT good for 1440p gaming as you said unless you want to be running 30fps on lowest settings, unless you play games like cs go. I went from a 390 to a 1080TI becase my 390 couldn't handle 1440p with stable frame rates. abnd the 390 is faster than a 970.

your uneducated becase you think you need more than you do, educated people know what they need and dont spend unneeded money on a screen when that money can go towards professional softwear so your games look good, unless your going the cheap version using like unity then your game textures will look like evey other utility/UE game giving it nothing to stand out from others.

and I really told what do to,  be smart and get a better ultrawide, why get a ultrawise that cost the same as a 1080p moniter thats not even computers top of the line?  electronics are teh one thing to NEVER cheap out one, elections have the lowest progt rate and people even sell it at a loss becase they have to. so if you buying a $150 ultrawise it probably cost closer to that to make and thats just bad. 

I think you are missing the point. How he does his work might not be the most optimal, but if its how he has done it, and wishes to do it, so be it. He said he wont be playing games frequently at all, so as long as his monitor has enough display ports for what he wants, he won't need to upgrade.  

1 hour ago, MegaLukey said:

I think you are missing the point. How he does his work might not be the most optimal, but if its how he has done it, and wishes to do it, so be it. He said he wont be playing games frequently at all, so as long as his monitor has enough display ports for what he wants, he won't need to upgrade.  

I know you cant fix stupid, they insist they are right or they NEED to do what they really just WANT to do.

thats why im telling him to get two cheap ones at this point. so i can laugh when i see threads he makes asking why stuff isn't working or why he mother died after a year of using it lol, 

he has this idea in his head but it wont be the same when he gets the monitors in and he'll realize how much of a dummy he is and that he should of shelled at $300 on a good monitor instead. ive been thought the whole stage of acting on impulse and not really making sure its what best for me and i've lost so much time and money. I guess he'll learn eventually. we were all like him at one point. its probably just a gift for christmas or something so he needs 2 now because he doesn't have a job to save up and get another one later on.

Spoiler

Well to give my opinion on the actual question, I would recommend one of those monitors, and if you seriously think that you could use another, I would say go for it. My friend has an ultra wide, and you don't quite realize how big they are until you actually use one. In my mind I would think that it would be very hard to use that much screen Realestate, if even possible. at that point I would think that you would get confused and lose stuff on your screen lol. 

Or something that you could do, is buy one of those from a store near you, and "test drive" it, and if you think you only need one, you could go ahead and get a nice one for the price of two!

Thanks for the input guys. Clockwork, you clearly know nothing about game engine interfaces, nor anything about how games scale with resolution. Increasing the preview resolution within Unreal won't change my textures or objects in any damn way. The only thing that will change will be the preview resolution. Nothing within the physical game world will change, be cause games engines are designed to scale. As 21:9 scales to 16:9, I could easily still preview at 16:9.

While rather aggressive and insulting, I do appreciate your input on the topic.. If something else I see as useful arises with the coming months, I'll only get one ultrawide.

Thanks mega for all of your input.. Sorry for the late reply, I had to sleep at some point..

I'm not much of an overclocker myself; I've only overclocked my 9590 to stretch from 4.7GHz to 5GHz.

Ironically, I've never seen on in person before, and I've not really seen many size comparisons that I could also compare to... You think only one would be better?

Again, thanks for your guys' input.

Also if there are any spelling mistakes with the coming hours, blame autocorrect. 

System Specs:

Thanks for the input guys. Clockwork, you clearly know nothing about game engine interfaces, nor anything about how games scale with resolution. Increasing the preview resolution within Unreal won't change my textures or objects in any damn way. The only thing that will change will be the preview resolution. Nothing within the physical game world will change, be cause games engines are designed to scale. As 21:9 scales to 16:9, I could easily still preview at 16:9.

While rather aggressive and insulting, I do appreciate your input on the topic.. If something else I see as useful arises with the coming months, I'll only get one ultrawide.

Thanks mega for all of your input.. Sorry for the late reply, I had to sleep at some point..

I'm not much of an overclocker myself; I've only overclocked my 9590 to stretch from 4.7GHz to 5GHz.

Ironically, I've never seen on in person before, and I've not really seen many size comparisons that I could also compare to... You think only one would be better?

Again, thanks for your guys' input.

Also if there are any spelling mistakes with the coming hours, blame autocorrect. 

I would like to add that you might want to go with 29'' ultra wide panels. I personally think 25'' is to small for an ultra wide. Also the 29'' ultra wide panels will match the height better of your 24'' 16:9 panel whereas the 25'' inch ultra wide panels will match the height of a 21'' 16:9 panel.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B