CPU Switch Query

Evening all, 

My main rig is a 4690K, have it just how I want it in terms of looks but was thinking about swapping the processor for a 4770K. Is it worth it?

Don't really want a new build i.e. changing motherboard etc etc so looking at what performance I could expect out of that.

well what do you use the computer for, are you unsatisfied with the current performance? it depends on what apps you're running.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

Might as well get a 4790k if you can find one cheap enough.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Just now, Johntheawesomeguy said:

well what do you use the computer for, are you unsatisfied with the current performance? it depends on what apps you're running.

I mainly game on it but if I'm working from home there is a fair bit of multi tasking (about 20 tabs on browser, text editor, excel sheets, filezilla and spotify etc), photoshopping, video editing done. 

Performance is OK but wondering if I would get a) a bump in gaming performance and b) overall speed

Just now, gster84 said:

I mainly game on it but if I'm working from home there is a fair bit of multi tasking (about 20 tabs on browser, text editor, excel sheets, filezilla and spotify etc), photoshopping, video editing done. 

Performance is OK but wondering if I would get a) a bump in gaming performance and b) overall speed

it would be noticeable, but minor enough that if you do you should upgrade to a new platform instead

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

4 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

it would be noticeable, but minor enough that if you do you should upgrade to a new platform instead

That was my hunch (was hoping I was wrong though) any suggestions? really don't wanna break the bank

3 minutes ago, gster84 said:

That was my hunch (was hoping I was wrong though) any suggestions? really don't wanna break the bank

if i were you, i would try to sell the 4690k and then buy a 4790k, since buying a new motherboard and new ram would cost more

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM