Trouble with PCI SCSI Card

Hey all,

I recently found an old server while doing the ol' dumpster dive, and along with it a bunch of old cool stuff. Among those things was a Compaq DLT tape drive, some scsi hard drives, and a scsi controller (and also raid i think) card. Because of the age of my motherboard I was able to verify that the card still works, along with it's custom bios chip that is onboard. The thing is though, I haven't been able to find windows 10 drivers for this card. Does anyone know where I can find at least somewhat current drivers for an Adaptec AHA-2940AU scsi card? all drivers that I've found are pre-windows 7. And if not, would a scsi to usb adapter work with a Compaq 3300 DLT Tape Drive?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, mishmosh21 said:

Hey all,

I recently found an old server while doing the ol' dumpster dive, and along with it a bunch of old cool stuff. Among those things was a Compaq DLT tape drive, some scsi hard drives, and a scsi controller (and also raid i think) card. Because of the age of my motherboard I was able to verify that the card still works, along with it's custom bios chip that is onboard. The thing is though, I haven't been able to find windows 10 drivers for this card. Does anyone know where I can find at least somewhat current drivers for an Adaptec AHA-2940AU scsi card? all drivers that I've found are pre-windows 7. And if not, would a scsi to usb adapter work with a Compaq 3300 DLT Tape Drive?

Thanks in advance!

It might just be easier to install Windows 7 on an extra hard disk or partition. Drivers for the old Parallel SCSI cards are nearly impossible to find for Windows 8.1 and later. 

The 2940 was a very common card.  You could try to boot Debian (from an USB stick) to see if the card is detected.

14 minutes ago, heimdali said:

The 2940 was a very common card.  You could try to boot Debian (from an USB stick) to see if the card is detected.

Would Ubuntu work? i already have a drive with Lubuntu on it.