Is this normal?

Noodle Baker

Should my CPU temps be changing this much? Will this damage my CPU at all?

Also the graph is from MSI afterburner with a polling rate of 100ms. Each square is a change of 10 degrees Celsius.

I have a Intel Stock cooler (bad, I know) with a  7600K. No OC.

Capture.JPG

Perfectly fine. Fluctuations in temperature aren't dangerous, it's overheating that is, and you're quite a ways from it. (Anything above around 80c is what I'd consider to be "unsafe")

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

Perfectly fine. Fluctuations in temperature aren't dangerous, it's overheating that is, and you're quite a ways from it. (Anything above around 80c is what I'd consider to be "unsafe")

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Just now, Noodle Baker said:

Thanks for the quick reply :)

No problem! :) 

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

prolonged high temps kill your CPU (90c+), not temps that are changing,

temps change when you cpu works harder or less, so its normal  everyone's  commuter works like that 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

look into a better cooler, for now stock is ok without an oc. your chip will always be damaged by heat thats just a fact. If your cpu spikes to 90+ a few times a minute id be worried

1 hour ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

look into a better cooler, for now stock is ok without an oc. your chip will always be damaged by heat thats just a fact. If your cpu spikes to 90+ a few times a minute id be worried

a stock cooler is 100% fine if you dont overclock, if overclocking didnt exist we really wouldn't need any other coolers. yes people use them even when they dont need them becase they think its better when really its just spending money you dont need to.

I personally never had a CPU overheat on the stock cooler with no OC,

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

a stock cooler is 100% fine if you dont overclock, if overclocking didnt exist we really wouldn't need any other coolers. yes people use them even when they dont need them becase they think its better when really its just spending money you dont need to.

I personally never had a CPU overheat on the stock cooler with no OC,

yea i have a locked sku and my stock cooler is a hoe, it has coil whine and i cant afford a new cooler

All good. Mine does same thing, but since it doesn't go near overheating range, I don't really look into it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv