Best "Gaming" Monitor for a Good Price

Hello,

I have been looking at some monitors recently, and I've been having troubles deciding which ones I should get, so I need some help.

First of all, can someone explain the differences between refresh rate (Hz) and Response Time (ms,) and if there is a correlation? I've been looking on Amazon and Newegg for monitors, but all it says it what the response time is, not the refresh rate.

Next thing is, can someone suggest some monitors for me? I would like a 1080p monitor, that can display at least 120hz. (Just assume that my graphics card can push out that framerate.) Under $300 would be preferable. (Prices in Canadian please!)

Thank you so much, and I hope to see all of you again,

Clumsy

5 minutes ago, ClumsyCat said:

Hello,

I have been looking at some monitors recently, and I've been having troubles deciding which ones I should get, so I need some help.

First of all, can someone explain the differences between refresh rate (Hz) and Response Time (ms,) and if there is a correlation? I've been looking on Amazon and Newegg for monitors, but all it says it what the response time is, not the refresh rate.

Next thing is, can someone suggest some monitors for me? I would like a 1080p monitor, that can display at least 120hz. (Just assume that my graphics card can push out that framerate.) Under $300 would be preferable. (Prices in Canadian please!)

Thank you so much, and I hope to see all of you again,

Clumsy

Response time is the amount of time it takes each pixel to change color (though it is really a whole range of values not just one number, as the transition times are different depending on the specific colors the pixel is switch to and from). Slower (higher) response time will result in more motion blur.

Refresh rate is how many times the pixels change per second. Slower (lower) refresh rate will result in choppier video, higher refresh rate results in smoother video.

XG2401 is probably the best 1080p 144 Hz option right now.

https://www.amazon.ca/ViewSonic-XG2401-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRR50

Don't usually recommend the GN246HL or the XL2411Z due to lack of DisplayPort input.

I am not sure if you could ship from Newegg to Canada, but if you are able to, I think this is an amazing monitor for the price. Curved VA panel with Freesync at 144hz.