Display card vertically

simpleauthority

I recently watched an LTT video where they used some sort of accessory to display their GTX 1080 in a showcase setup, vertically so you could see the fans and front plate. I don't have a cooler master case, but rather a corsair case. Is there any way I can similarly display my card?

The nice, clean way requires your case to support a vertical GPU mount.

If your confident in your case modding skills, you could modify your case to support a mounting a GPU vertically. I saw on Youtube that someone cut/removed their normal PCIe slots in the typical positions and drilled some holes to mount their GPU vertically in a case that doesn't have official support.  Down side of the mentioned method is now there is no support for other PCIe cards like NICs.

think you can use a PCIE riser ot adapter thats angles then mount the GPU in by screwing into the fan grill on the back if its in position to do so, or drill your own mounting holes 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

13 minutes ago, WraithShepherd said:

The nice, clean way requires your case to support a vertical GPU mount.

If your confident in your case modding skills, you could modify your case to support a mounting a GPU vertically. I saw on Youtube that someone cut/removed their normal PCIe slots in the typical positions and drilled some holes to mount their GPU vertically in a case that doesn't have official support.  Down side of the mentioned method is now there is no support for other PCIe cards like NICs.

I'm trying to find some cases that support vertical GPU mounts but can't find any (that said, I didn't search very hard and I can search some more later on), would you mind pointing one out to me?

1 hour ago, simpleauthority said:

I'm trying to find some cases that support vertical GPU mounts but can't find any (that said, I didn't search very hard and I can search some more later on), would you mind pointing one out to me?

its also good to search on LTT for other threads that may have been made about the topic. 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

I mean, the Cooler Master Mastercase series supports their vertical mount which can be bought separately for ~$50 USD I believe. That's the easy way, that doesn't really require modding as such.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

12 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

its also good to search on LTT for other threads that may have been made about the topic. 

Thank you. I don't use LTT that much, sorry about that. I will utilize that next time

unless your wc the card dont do this unless you have decent clearance between the side of the case and the cards fans, you will throttle your gpu with excessive heat, this is from experience. I think Gamers Nexus did a video on it but im not 100% sure it was them.

Also if you do go ahead, the cooler master vertical kit mounting kit is nice (and comes with a decent riser), i have used it in a build i did for a friend, quite an easy mod on a non coolermaster case, even with limited tools

1 hour ago, simpleauthority said:

Thank you. I don't use LTT that much, sorry about that. I will utilize that next time

i never use it as much as i should but it does help 

Spoiler

On 10/25/2017 at 10:58 PM, Xr8dMoose said:

unless your wc the card dont do this unless you have decent clearance between the side of the case and the cards fans, you will throttle your gpu with excessive heat, this is from experience. I think Gamers Nexus did a video on it but im not 100% sure it was them.

Also if you do go ahead, the cooler master vertical kit mounting kit is nice (and comes with a decent riser), i have used it in a build i did for a friend, quite an easy mod on a non coolermaster case, even with limited tools

About that cooler master mounting kit, I can't find it ANYWHERE on ANY site. Nothing. Do you possibly know where I could find one? BTW I'm in the USA.

1 hour ago, AwsomePossum said:

About that cooler master mounting kit, I can't find it ANYWHERE on ANY site. Nothing. Do you possibly know where I could find one? BTW I'm in the USA.

see what you mean, had a look around and found it on coolermaster eu site (oos till November 27th) and this one is in Australia 

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Graphics-Cards/Accessories/70033-MCA-U000R-KFVK00?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4eXPBRCtARIsADvOjY1-7t9GUchtPhQZwbadxcoi2cWnxirdqUt27ZM4Nz7wpHu68xBS7q0aAp5vEALw_wcB

newegg had it but list it as out of stock also.

it is doable without the kit (fun to mod yourself anyway) so have a look around the net till you find a vid by a good modder and have a crack, good luck either way :-)