weird audio thing

Clockwork_princess

so I have a speaker and headphones.

usally when i game ill switch it to headphones so i can hear better and when i watch videos ill switch it to my speaker.

its been a month since i've switched to headphones, but today i just did. I can hear my video but i couldn't hear the game, then i noticed the game was low so i turned it up to max and i could barely hear it. then i noticed the sound was coming from my speaker when i took my headphones off

so the game is going through my speakers and the video is going through my headphones. it is nice to know my computer can do that so i can game while my gf can still watch hulu.

so this is my question, how can i make it so the game and chrome will go through my headphones, but when i want to change it how can i get the game to go through headphones and chrome through my speaker. and how do i make it so both come from the speaker and both come from the headphones (not at the same time but for when i want to use my headphones OR speaker)

i didnt do anything different i just went to playback devices and click on headphones and pressed set default 

Spoiler

fCGVYD7yQLuxc-ddVeZp2w.png

the game doesn't have an option for where it outputs audio ive looked in all the settings 

i have win10

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Is it possible you have "Default Device" and "Default Communication Device" set to different things?  If so, that could be the reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Is it possible you have "Default Device" and "Default Communication Device" set to different things?  If so, that could be the reason.

where would I look to see that? 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

where would I look to see that? 

In the window you showed above.  Right click on anything to pick it.  If they are set separately you will see a green checkmark on one thing and a green phone on another.

-PS moved to windows subforum-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

In the window you showed above.  Right click on anything to pick it.  If they are set separately you will see a green checkmark on one thing and a green phone on another.

-PS moved to windows subforum-

there is only a green check by headphones ass you see in the picture 

and under my speaker nothing is checked

OVJZuW2OR8WiV6dIpebcZA.png

and too add i do not have any sound applications or mixers and any audio applications installed on my pc.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Clockwork_princess said:

there is only a green check by headphones ass you see in the picture 

and under my speaker nothing is checked

I can't tell from the picture because there are more devices if you scroll down that I can't see

and too add i do not have any sound applications or mixers and any audio applications installed on my pc.

It's possible this isn't the cause but it's the only thing I could think of.  I'm not aware of any other way to send specific application outputs to separate hardware outputs.

I can't tell from the picture because there are more devices if you scroll down that I can't see

It's possible this isn't the cause but it's the only thing I could think of.  I'm not aware of any other way to send specific application outputs to separate hardware outputs.

all the ones you cant see are old devices i dont have anymore so they all says they are disconnected.

but its only coming from speakrs and headphones so idk how it being enabled an other device would bring it out my speakrs 

none of them are checked for either device option 

Spoiler