AOC G2460PQU 144hz not working properly

MADMINK

I currently am using this monitor at 120hz via DisplayPort because it looks smooth, but I wish to use it at the advertised 144hz refresh rate. When I set it to 144hz using windows 10 display adapter settings, moving objects on my screen look as if they are tearing (screen tearing). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My DDC/CI settings are enabled and the input select is set to DP, yet the issue still persists. I have installed all the latest GPU, windows and Monitor drivers, and am using a Cables matter DisplayPort cable. My pc has 8gb of DDR4 ram with an intel i5 (6th gen processor) and a RX 480 (MSI) 8gb GPU.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

19 hours ago, MADMINK said:

I currently am using this monitor at 120hz via DisplayPort because it looks smooth, but I wish to use it at the advertised 144hz refresh rate. When I set it to 144hz using windows 10 display adapter settings, moving objects on my screen look as if they are tearing (screen tearing). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My DDC/CI settings are enabled and the input select is set to DP, yet the issue still persists. I have installed all the latest GPU, windows and Monitor drivers, and am using a Cables matter DisplayPort cable. My pc has 8gb of DDR4 ram with an intel i5 (6th gen processor) and a RX 480 (MSI) 8gb GPU.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

is it only happen when you switch from 120hz to 144hz? and  does your monitor the g sync version if so you should turn it off in your monitor setting

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 3:33 AM, PuppyCuDDler said:

is it only happen when you switch from 120hz to 144hz? and  does your monitor the g sync version if so you should turn it off in your monitor setting

It displays 60hz, 120hz, and 144hz, however, only 60 and 120 function properly. 144hz stutters and the AMD software does not allow me to set my custom resolution above 120hz. Im not sure if the cable or GPU is the encumbrance.