Boost Clock for 3d modeling / CUDA rendering

Hi there, 

I am considering to buy GTX 1080ti for my existing machine. Currently I have a 2GB GTX 680, and it has been really good and keeping up with most of the tasks. 

Question: I am looking online and there are cards with different base clock speeds, which, I understand the higher - the faster performance. However, how much of a difference does it make when modeling heavy 3D scenes (dense in geometry/shading)? 

Also, does it have any effect on CUDA rendering (speed)?

As always, thanks to everyone. 

no difference with the base clocks at all,they all boost into the 1900's anyways

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

8 minutes ago, McHox said:

no difference with the base clocks at all,they all boost into the 1900's anyways

Thank you!

4 hours ago, nowikovs12 said:

Hi there, 

I am considering to buy GTX 1080ti for my existing machine. Currently I have a 2GB GTX 680, and it has been really good and keeping up with most of the tasks. 

Question: I am looking online and there are cards with different base clock speeds, which, I understand the higher - the faster performance. However, how much of a difference does it make when modeling heavy 3D scenes (dense in geometry/shading)? 

Also, does it have any effect on CUDA rendering (speed)?

As always, thanks to everyone. 

Long Answer: 

to answer this in a professional way we should know how the algorithm works and take a few hints on how it scales.

Usually clock increments scales linearly, assuming there is no bottleneck elsewhere. This assumption is quite expensive in terms of giving a proper answer. The particular software modeling you are using with the particular flags you are using could be in a resource shortage elsewhere, before it hits the max clock roof. ie: VRAM. Hence you'd see no performane boost (which is totally the case in most mainstream GPUs with pro-hardware since, clock favors rapid data output burst, while rendering pro software prefer accuracy. 

M

Short Answer: Doesn't matter much since you can overclock any 1080Ti to reach within 5% any other 1080Ti clock level.