Old 2006 family computer not being detected

kreepers

So my mother wants to get the old pictures stored in the old, old family computer. Only problem is that no monitors will detect it. I've tried with the old monitor we had, and it never detected anything. I've also tried with my monitor (and I know it works, I use it with my laptop almost everyday) and once again, no signal. I know the computer works. When I press the big button, there's a blue light, and I hear the fan/hdd etc. I've tried plugging the VGA Cable in the mobo's, and in the GPU, but both of 'em don't work. I was wondering if there's anything I'm doing wrong. here's what I do:

1. Plug the computer

2. Put the VGA cable in the computer's mobo thing

3. Boot up the computer. I hear noises and everything, but shortly after, I get the "no signal" on the monitor.

I honestly have no clue what the specs are. All I know is that it's running on XP, and it has an AMD's Athleon 64, 2 bars of RAM, a GPU, and a very big and outdated HDD. It's probably 10 to 12 years old, and it hasn't been used since 2009. 

take hdd out and put in a modern pc, you mite be able to read drive old drive in newer pc. then copy data

2 minutes ago, jools said:

take hdd out and put in a modern pc, you mite be able to read drive old drive in newer pc. then copy data

yeah, but I'd prefer to make the pc work first.

7 minutes ago, kreepers said:

So my mother wants to get the old pictures stored in the old, old family computer. Only problem is that no monitors will detect it. I've tried with the old monitor we had, and it never detected anything. I've also tried with my monitor (and I know it works, I use it with my laptop almost everyday) and once again, no signal. I know the computer works. When I press the big button, there's a blue light, and I hear the fan/hdd etc. I've tried plugging the VGA Cable in the mobo's, and in the GPU, but both of 'em don't work. I was wondering if there's anything I'm doing wrong. here's what I do:

1. Plug the computer

2. Put the VGA cable in the computer's mobo thing

3. Boot up the computer. I hear noises and everything, but shortly after, I get the "no signal" on the monitor.

I honestly have no clue what the specs are. All I know is that it's running on XP, and it has an AMD's Athleon 64, 2 bars of RAM, a GPU, and a very big and outdated HDD. It's probably 10 to 12 years old, and it hasn't been used since 2009. 

First thing you need to know.

IF you have a graphic card plugged in and you use the VGA cable with the motherboard connector, it won't show. Because you have a graphic card connected you need to put the VGA cable to the graphic card.

I understand it doesn't work. Then something you can try, take off the graphic card, and try to use the VGA cable in the motherboard VGA connector.

IF you still don't have display, you can just take the hard drive off the computer, plug it in another computer and make your back up this way.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

16 minutes ago, kreepers said:

I know the computer works. When I press the big button, there's a blue light, and I hear the fan/hdd etc

that doesnt mean it works, that means it at least still powers on ;)

Take out the GPU when you try the integrated graphics. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Finally all I had to do was to remove the GPU, as many of you suggested, Thanks!