Monitor works with one computer but not the other

Heres my issue. I have a monitor that works with one computer but not the other one, im using a dvi connection.  If i use the monitor with one computer it works fine, i swap to the other one it doesnt.  I swap back it works, the dvi port works with the computer that the monitor doesnt work with because i plugged in a different monitor to it and it worked fine.  I dont have that monitor or i would use it.  I cant figure out whats going on with my monitor.  The issue is that my computer i want to use the monitor with is a much better computer than the one it works on.  the gaming computer i use has 2 7950s running crossfire with an amd 8350 fx processor. I Have 16 gb of ram on it with a 800w power supply. the gaming computer works with hdmi on my tv and the cards only have hdmi and dvi connections.  like i said previously the dvi worked with a different monitor the monitor in question is an acer s240hl abd. the dvi cable that im using works fine as previously mentioned.  Im not running a display too high for the monitor on the gaming computer as with the hdmi im only running a display of 1920 x 1080 which this monitor easily supports as thats what resolution it uses with the crappy computer. i say crap because its only using an r7 like 200 or something graphics card with a intel I7 870 and a 500gb old hard drive. any information or fixes to the issue would be much appreciated as this is frustrating me and i would rather game on a monitor than a tv.  the tv im using is a 49" toshiba 4k cromecast tv and i have it set to display with my computer at 1080p instead of 4k. the Monitor will just say no dvi signal then turns off Someone please help!

I have no idea whats going on with it. Like i said another monitor not sure what the model is since my buddy brought it over to test it, worked just fine using the dvi port on my graphics card, but this monitor wont work on it and I have no idea why. also the error message shows up as soon as the computer turns on. it starts with a No signal as soon as I power on the computer it says no dvi signal then turns off. also im currently using the monitor in question on the older computer, so i know it works fine.

25 minutes ago, darthjango11 said:

I have no idea whats going on with it. Like i said another monitor not sure what the model is since my buddy brought it over to test it, worked just fine using the dvi port on my graphics card, but this monitor wont work on it and I have no idea why. also the error message shows up as soon as the computer turns on. it starts with a No signal as soon as I power on the computer it says no dvi signal then turns off. also im currently using the monitor in question on the older computer, so i know it works fine.

Try clearing CMOS?

My first thought was resolution but you addressed that.

There are different types of DVI plug though right?

"The DVI connector on a device is given one of three names, depending on which signals it implements:
DVI-I (integrated, combines digital and analog in the same connector; digital may be single or dual link)
DVI-D (digital only, single link or dual link)
DVI-A (analog only)
Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface"

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Im using a standard dvi cable my guess is it is a Dvi-I as thats what most of them are, and Im using the cable currently with the monitor on the old computer to type this message.  I also used this same cable with the other monitor mentioned previously so I know the cable is not the issue as it worked with the other monitor. or were you talking about the dvi port on the back of the 7950?

I have been looking all over the internet for about 4 hours now and I have not found a single person that has had an issue like this.

Im going to go buy another dvi cable and see if that works, Im also going to pick up a vga- dvi adapter to see if I can use a vga cable on the monitor and see if that works. hopefully someone can come up with a solution when i get back shortly x.x

the top card of course lol the bottom card wont display unless using 2 monitors i believe. also apparently my local walmart doesnt sell DVI cables or dvi-vga adapters. 

hopefully someone can help

the top card is the main card that the mobo uses to display if im not mistaken.

7 minutes ago, darthjango11 said:

the top card of course lol the bottom card wont display unless using 2 monitors i believe. also apparently my local walmart doesnt sell DVI cables or dvi-vga adapters. 

hopefully someone can help

If you have another monitor that is recognized on that computer, plug them both in at the same time and use the first one to use the computer and we can get more information on how the computer sees the monitor that is not showing.

I have an hdmi port to tv for one monitor should i plug that into the primary hdmi port on the top card then plug the monitor into the second card or should i plug them both into the top card?

ok so when i plug my hdmi cable into the top card it doesnt work, but when i plug both hdmi and dvi into the bottom card both work but the tv is glitchy keeps getting tearing randomly

what now?

when i move my mouse from the display screen to the tv screen i get crazy tearing of the screen like its flickering and tearing

is that because the tv has a native resolution of 4k while the monitor has a native of 1080?

and why does the top card not display anything but the bottom card is?

so right now both monitors work when I have them plugged both into the bottom card, but the 4k tv is tearing badly and very often, the monitor plugged in reads as monitor 2 and functions properly. however if i plug the hdmi cable into the top card, then it doesnt show up at all same with the monitor. and if i unplug the hdmi cable then the monitor takes over like it should but only when plugged into the bottom card neither of them work when plugged into the top card.

alsoo when i open up afterburner its showing that gpu 1 temp is at 0 and gpu 2 temp is reading properly, does that mean that my primary gpu is not seated properly or is not working? im lost here.

im going to shut off computer and try and unplug gpu 2 and see if gpu 1 will show up

ok i i turned off computer and reseated the cards when i just use the top card the hdmi port works, when I crossfire them the hdmi port on top card doesnt work, and now im getting tearing on the monitor and not the tv.

idk whats going on

and if i unplug the hdmi cable from the bottom card and just use the vga the screen works with no tearing. x.x well at least i can use the monitor now but now i cant do multi monitors haha