Stream/gaming setup help needed!

andybeech

Hi not sure where is best to post this so please move if not here thanks.

So lets get started I am trying to sort my streaming and gaming setup which I keep moving or re doing due to issues like audio or video quality, so im going to list my hardware I got to use what Im trying to achieve and see what you guys and gals to help me with.

Hardware:

Gaming Rig; 

win 10, I5 7500, Gigabyte B250-HD3P, 1060 GTX 3GB WF OC, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB Corsair LPX Ram, soundblaster z, 

2nd/Stream Rig;

Win 10, AMD fx 6100, Gigabyte 970a-ds3, 760 GTX WF OC, 500GB HDD, 12GB mix Ram, Avermedia c985,

Other Hardware;

Logitech c920 webcam, Behringer q802USB mixer, XLR Bm-700 Mic, 22" philips TV, 24" Bush Tv (due to change), Duronic dual arm stand. 2 mice and keyboards,

Also have;

Xbox one, ps3, xbox 360 linked to avermedia using splitter and switches, also runs to a projector debating whether to make that a separate thing.

Pansonic 5.1 surround sound via optical to soundblaster.

So that I think is all the hardware so How do you think I should connect it to get best Video and Audio configuration? (include what cables or software to use)

How should I have it laid out roughly?

Should I separate the projector and stream setup?

Should I use one PC or 2?

Please give much detail to answers as possible as looking for some help currently running into some issues with audio where i get a ground/white noise possibly due to poor mic or bad setup, also getting audio from consoles and pc currently requires so messing about to get to work.

Thanks for the help :D

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

I assume that you are using your gaming PC to play games and the secondary one to handle the encoding and heavy lifting of streaming. This setup is optimal and will yield better performance in most cases than using one system. If your looking to upgrade, the CPU in your streaming box is rather old and has very poor IPC. I would recommend that you pick up a new ryzen processor or something like that. 

Just now, Jaxzzzzz said:

I assume that you are using your gaming PC to play games and the secondary one to handle the encoding and heavy lifting of streaming. This setup is optimal and will yield better performance in most cases than using one system. If your looking to upgrade, the CPU in your streaming box is rather old and has very poor IPC. I would recommend that you pick up a new ryzen processor or something like that. 

yea that is what im currently using the 2nd pc for to do the streaming and main pc to play games and get all the juicy FPS XD. and yea going look at upgrading it at some point when have the spare cash and defiantly look at Ryzen , (Excuse spelling) what is the best way to have it all hooked up? like how to get sound from one pc to the other clean and the microphone for in game and stream.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Just now, andybeech said:

yea that is what im currently using the 2nd pc for to do the streaming and main pc to play games and get all the juicy FPS XD. and yea going look at upgrading it at some point when have the spare cash and defiantly look at Ryzen , (Excuse spelling) what is the best way to have it all hooked up? like how to get sound from one pc to the other clean and the microphone for in game and stream.

For that aspect of it, I wont pretend that I have a whole lot of knowledge, my best recommendation is to do some research on the interwebs 

Honestly there is nothing you can do without building a new pc for one of them, or using the main one as a streaming and build a new gaming pc with the gpu in it.  You could also try and sell both (keep the main gpu) and build a ryzen 5 1600 system that can stream and game and work on the same computer.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

Honestly there is nothing you can do without building a new pc for one of them, or using the main one as a streaming and build a new gaming pc with the gpu in it.  You could also try and sell both (keep the main gpu) and build a ryzen 5 1600 system that can stream and game and work on the same computer.

ok what is wrong with my current pcs ignoring that the fx is old.

Just now, andybeech said:

ok what is wrong with my current pcs ignoring that the fx is old.

1 pc>2 pcs and many $200+ cpus will outperform the i5 7500, like the 8400 and the ryzen 5 1600 in both gaming and workload.  If you upgrade to either platform, you could probably stick to one computer for gaming and streaming at the same time.  I recommend ryzen, just because of 6c/12t, but the new i5 lineup looks good, but you'd have to find evidence of its performance in streaming/gaming at the same time.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Just now, hconverse02 said:

1 pc>2 pcs and many $200+ cpus will outperform the i5 7500, like the 8400 and the ryzen 5 1600 in both gaming and workload.  If you upgrade to either platform, you could probably stick to one computer for gaming and streaming at the same time.  I recommend ryzen, just because of 6c/12t, but the new i5 lineup looks good, but you'd have to find evidence of its performance in streaming/gaming at the same time.

right I see what you mean yea at the time I got the i5 7500 when the 7th gen came out few months ago i sadly couldnt afford the 7600k and didnt think to get an i7 doh, but since Ryzen came out I have been looking at them and they are rather cheap UK so which one would be ideal the Ryzen 5 1600? also which board would you pair with it, as well as would my corsair LPX vengence ddr4 ram work in the Ryzen.

1 minute ago, andybeech said:

right I see what you mean yea at the time I got the i5 7500 when the 7th gen came out few months ago i sadly couldnt afford the 7600k and didnt think to get an i7 doh, but since Ryzen came out I have been looking at them and they are rather cheap UK so which one would be ideal the Ryzen 5 1600? also which board would you pair with it, as well as would my corsair LPX vengence ddr4 ram work in the Ryzen.

For streaming/gaming, probably ryzen . and yes

My current rig:

1 hour ago, hconverse02 said:

For streaming/gaming, probably ryzen . and yes

ok will look into it some point in future as not long had my i5, back to the original question what is the best way to setup like audio and that from the pc and from the consoles and mic without getting like white noise as my current setup i get a lot of feedback/ground/white noise which is really annoying and not sure why. The gaming rig has the mixer via usb and using a  3.5mm jack to the FX send on the mixer to the line in on the stream pc to get the audio to the stream.

Also just done some research and came up with a possible solution for my audio if it would work, I can get a switch that has 3.5mm and toslink built in so my consoles and pc hdmi goes into the switch then i can run a aux 3.5mm to my mixer that puts all the game sound to the mixer. Also can use toslink to send sound to my surround sound so can leave everything setup when friends are around too.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:00 AM, hconverse02 said:

Wouldn't just getting a capture card and using the second system to capture give higher performance though? For cheaper?

I mean yeah, it's more space but you also have to be practical.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Wouldn't just getting a capture card and using the second system to capture give higher performance though? For cheaper?

I mean yeah, it's more space but you also have to be practical.

I agree this was my thought to why I’m using my old amd rig to stream with and intel to play games on. It works well can do 1080 30fps as don’t yet have a 1080 60fps capture card.