Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Data Speed Dilemma

Woah Boy

Hello everyone, I've posted about something along the lines of this before but I'm gonna post directly about it now, so pretty much I have 3 Options for cell carriers in my rural area Att, Sprint, Verizon; My problem is that with Att I can't make any calls or receive any inside but I have great LTE speeds in and outside. Sprint has okay call service inside with dropouts at times but overall coverage isn't great and speeds are a bit slower. Verizon on the other hand has excellent coverage in and out but I can have full LTE and still get 3g data speeds ( usually 1mbps or less) this is my only problem, otherwise I'd cut everyone else and brand myself to Verizon, I get those speeds the majority of the time in and around my house and my town in general, the coverage map shows I have GREAT coverage , I've never dropped a call or signal in general with Verizon ever, but it's just this one gripe. Sorry for the long post I just need some thoughts on my problem

Do you live on the east coast or west coast? If you live on the East coast, T-Mobile is a very strong option, I live in the southern central part of the US and it works like a charm.

Just now, The_Askinator said:

Do you live on the east coast or west coast? If you live on the East coast, T-Mobile is a very strong option, I live in the southern central part of the US and it works like a charm.

I live in a very rural area, lot's of trees , valleys, foothills, I've heard TMO wasn't any good in area's like that? I've always just avoided it but if it's a viable option I'd love to give it a try

50 minutes ago, Steadyhands said:

I live in a very rural area, lot's of trees , valleys, foothills, I've heard TMO wasn't any good in area's like that? I've always just avoided it but if it's a viable option I'd love to give it a try

Your right about T Mobile in this case. They are awesome when it comes to customer service, but horrible if you live out in the sticks in terms of coverage and speeds. Verizon's network seems to be buckling under Unlimited data. I had Sprint for 4 years, I want those 4 years back, LOL. Horrible service and customer service. Never dealt with AT&T, so I have no experience with them. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Your right about T Mobile in this case. They are awesome when it comes to customer service, but horrible if you live out in the sticks in terms of coverage and speeds. Verizon's network seems to be buckling under Unlimited data. I had Sprint for 4 years, I want those 4 years back, LOL. Horrible service and customer service. Never dealt with AT&T, so I have no experience with them. 

Only downside of living in the backwoods and not in the thriving city lol, I guess I'll have to settle with Verizon's ever so slow speeds and pray they do something to improve the slowing network

9 hours ago, Steadyhands said:

Only downside of living in the backwoods and not in the thriving city lol, I guess I'll have to settle with Verizon's ever so slow speeds and pray they do something to improve the slowing network

They are doing something. Kicking rural customer off their network for using what they say is "Too Much Data". 

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

They are doing something. Kicking rural customer off their network for using what they say is "Too Much Data". 

Seems counterintuitive to me 

1 minute ago, Steadyhands said:

Seems counterintuitive to me 

To Verizon is cutting out those who dont help their bottom line. Its harder to serve rural customers as not as many are crammed on to that one tower. Its the same reason the cable company wont provide internet to rural customers. They cant cram enough on to one node to make it worth it for them. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

To Verizon is cutting out those who dont help their bottom line. Its harder to serve rural customers as not as many are crammed on to that one tower. Its the same reason the cable company wont provide internet to rural customers. They cant cram enough on to one node to make it worth it for them. 

Well I have great internet but the cellular selection is a dud. Maybe I'll get a sat phone