Need suggestions and advice on ram

One of my two 4gb sticks just went out last night leaving me with only one in my tower and 4gb of ram isn't enough for me to actually be able to use my pc. 

I've been meaning to upgrade to more and newer ram for some time now anyways. I rn an i7 4790k as my cpu. 

What would be the best ram to get for gaming and content creation? Looking to get 16gb for now. 

2133 cas 9 ram is the best u can get for haswell ( the higher frequencies have way worse cas latencies and with ram u want the tightest kit possible c: )

( 2400mhz cas 9 is best of all but impossible to get now )

get a 2x4gb kit , twice :)

example corsair vengeance 2133 cas 9 2x4gb 2x and ul have 16gb ( u benefit from 4sticks too against 2 sticks in performance, less load times and microstutter in applications )

(◑‿◐)

51 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

do you need more than 16 gb of ram?

Not really no I'm looking to spend a max of $150

23 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

2133 cas 9 ram is the best u can get for haswell ( the higher frequencies have way worse cas latencies and with ram u want the tightest kit possible c: )

( 2400mhz cas 9 is best of all but impossible to get now )

get a 2x4gb kit , twice :)

example corsair vengeance 2133 cas 9 2x4gb 2x and ul have 16gb ( u benefit from 4sticks too against 2 sticks in performance, less load times and microstutter in applications )

So if I have the opportunity get 4 x 4gb sticks? I'm going to a store to grab the ram as I don't have the time to wait for shipping.

43 minutes ago, TheRevTastic said:

So if I have the opportunity get 4 x 4gb sticks? I'm going to a store to grab the ram as I don't have the time to wait for shipping.

most stores have 2x 4gb kits, u can get 2 of the same kit to get 4x4gb

(◑‿◐)