Overclocking help

Go to solution Solved by Max_Settings,

RAM speed can only be changed in the BIOS. And overclocking RAM won't kill it, and I hoped you have went and changed the RAM speed in your BIOS especially since you have Ryzen because RAM doesn't run at advertised speed by default you have to manually set it in the BIOS. Now VRAM speed can be changed using Afterburner and that is also safe. You won't kill your GPU overclocking, it is nearly impossible.

Hi, i'm new to all of this as I just built my first computer, I have an msi 1050ti that I was wanting to try to overclock, but I am scared to download anything that messes with overclocking as I have a ryzen cpu and trident z rgb ram, I heard that anything that allows you to overclock the ram will kill it by changing the spd, without you choosing to. So I just need to know if I can get msi's overclocking utility safely? Thanks! :D

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

RAM speed can only be changed in the BIOS. And overclocking RAM won't kill it, and I hoped you have went and changed the RAM speed in your BIOS especially since you have Ryzen because RAM doesn't run at advertised speed by default you have to manually set it in the BIOS. Now VRAM speed can be changed using Afterburner and that is also safe. You won't kill your GPU overclocking, it is nearly impossible.

Ok, Yeah I have not changed anything yet, its all stock. Thanks a million!

Ryzen 5 1600x | Asus ROG Strix B350-f gaming | 16 GB Trident Z RGB RAM | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Gaming X | Hyper 212 Evo | 650 W 80+ Gold | 500GB 860 evo | 500 GB WD Blue HDD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

5 minutes ago, Connor McG said:

Ok, Yeah I have not changed anything yet, its all stock. Thanks a million!

u need to use XMP profile built in the ram if u wanna run it at rated speeds

(◑‿◐)

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

u need to use XMP profile built in the ram if u wanna run it at rated speeds

What is XMP profile?

22 minutes ago, Connor McG said:

What is XMP profile?

the rated spd profile that comes with high frequency memory

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

the rated spd profile that comes with high frequency memory

I have the 3000 model, sorry, I am still a bit confused as to what it is and how to get it, or do I already have it?