Help with Port-Forwarding

TheSuspenceful

So, me an adult in the year 2017, wants to start a minecraft server with his buddies. But it's not working out too good. I tried port forwarding, and it didn't work. i am 100% sure i did everything right. The local port and inbound port is both 25565-25565. I have it set to both UDP/TDP and I used my IPV4 address, Put my IPV4 address in the server IP in Server.properties. Gave that IP to my friends. Didn't work. I disabled my firewall. Still didn't work. went to a port-scanner website. It said port 25565 was not open. Re-enabled my firewall with new rules allowing traffic between inbound and outbound UDP/TDP 25565. Messed around with my public and private IPs, didn't work. no matter what, my friends get this message: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information: . i have followed numerous Tutorials, and nothing i do helps. WE all hate hamachi with a passion, and we want to use mods, so we can't rent one or use Aternos. you're my only hope! 

it's a giant mushroom... MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After what I remember you don't have to change the ip in the server.properties. But why can't you rent and run it with mods?

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

5 minutes ago, OLS said:

After what I remember you don't have to change the ip in the server.properties. But why can't you rent and run it with mods?

took out the IP, and had a friend try to join. nothing changed. still doesn't work. 

You're giving them the correct IP?

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

Just now, OLS said:

You're giving them the correct IP?

we're trying all of them. which one am i supposed to use? the IPV4 right?

It says on the top : Your IP Address is XXXXXXX

That IP.

Maybe try add :22565 after your IP? I've had that solve mine a few times. Worth the shot, other than that I'm lost. 

1 minute ago, OLS said:

Maybe try add :22565 after your IP? I've had that solve mine a few times. Worth the shot, other than that I'm lost. 

Nope. still doesn't work. he tried both my public and private IP with :25565 afterwards