Has anyone tried out dual Vega 64s?

So I currently have a single Vega 64 in a custom loop (and before people talk shit about vega etc. yes I know it's far from perfect but I have an expensive freesync monitor that I intend to use) what I want to know is how well it's actually scaling right now and how good or bad the drivers seem.

I've been thinking about adding another card because I'll be honest I have some money burning in my pocket and am hoping to get as lucky on the silicon lottery as this one (1720 core and 1105 on memory).

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

what will you use to power that rig? a nuclear reactor?

no but seriously, we're talking crossfire here right? because that should scale as well as crossfire always does. if it's the same technology...

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what will you use to power that rig? a nuclear reactor?

no but seriously, we're talking crossfire here right? because that should scale as well as crossfire always does. if it's the same technology...

Haha yeah I need to look at how much power I'll need :/ currently I have 1000w but Idk if that'll be enough between 2 vegas and an 1800x at 4.1ghz (1.45v though :/)

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

Just now, SwingLifeAway92 said:

Haha yeah I need to look at how much power I'll need :/ currently I have 1000w but Idk if that'll be enough between 2 vegas and an 1800x at 4.1ghz (1.45v though :/)

jezus... you don't need the heater on in winter do you... 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Oh you have no idea how awful this summer/fall has been xD it got so bad from mining when not gaming that I was considering mounting my radiators out the window... The only thing that has changed my mind is the weather where I live is finally cooling down

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

But in all honesty once you put a waterblock on Vega it doesn't go above 50 at full load so most of the heat comes from the cpu but that's taming the above 4.0ghz beast on Ryzen.

2 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

Oh you have no idea how awful this summer/fall has been xD it got so bad from mining when not gaming that I was considering mounting my radiators out the window... The only thing that has changed my mind is the weather where I live is finally cooling down

haha, yeah Linus tried that remember? "whole room water cooling" 

i'm glad that my build is very energy efficient. 

Just now, SwingLifeAway92 said:

But in all honesty once you put a waterblock on Vega it doesn't go above 50 at full load so most of the heat comes from the cpu but that's taming the above 4.0ghz beast on Ryzen.

yes, but it's still heating your room up. 700 watts is still 700 watts... 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

haha, yeah Linus tried that remember? "whole room water cooling" 

i'm glad that my build is very energy efficient. 

yes, but it's still heating your room up. 700 watts is still 700 watts... 

Yeah I know trust me but I mean if you bother to unlock the voltage on a gtx 1080 like I had prior it pulls around the same amount of power but Vega beats it (my gtx 1080 capped out at around 2138 on core with modded bios) In all honesty if utilities was included in my rent I'd probably not be so forgiving to Vegas power draw.

7 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

If it is a decent 1000w psu it should handle, if you oc your cards as much as possible maybe not.

If your vega runs at 1720 core it probably eats a lot though, like 700w peak power draw or something,

youd probably have to drop the core by 150 to not torture your psu and keep the noise from your fans down.

It doesnt seem like anybody really did cf testing with vega so post some results if you do,

according to amd it is great of course.

AMD-Radeon-Vega-MultiGPU-performance.jpg

1080 ti scaling is mostly a dissapointment with modern games though (often no or very bad scaling),

so I dont think AMDs scaling is that great. Otherwise theyd have plastered great cf numbers everywhere to catch some 1080 ti buyers.

1 minute ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

If it is a decent 1000w psu it should handle, if you oc your cards as much as possible maybe not.

If your vega runs at 1720 core it probably eats a lot though, like 700w peak power draw or something,

youd probably have to drop the core by 150 to not torture your psu and keep the noise from your fans down.

It doesnt seem like anybody really did cf testing with vega so post some results if you do,

1080 ti scaling is mostly a dissapointment with modern games though (often no or very bad scaling),

so I dont think AMDs scaling is that great. Otherwise theyd have plastered great cf numbers everywhere to catch some 1080 ti buyers.

but those are numbers directly provided by radeon, and we all knwo what that means

1 minute ago, Ruffleduffle said:

but those are numbers directly provided by radeon, and we all knwo what that means

Yeah, notice how the games tested are all a couple of years old?

Most newer dx 12 titles do not have great multi gpu support/scaling to

the point where you are better of using just 1 gpu half of the time.

5 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

Yeah all I've seen is those charts and in order for it to hit 1700 max voltage is sadly required :/ I mean I'm sure I could find a 1200-1300w psu for a fair price just would make my life a little more annoying. God it's funny this is the first time I've taken wattage in to consideration in so many years xD Like dual psu days

Well I think I'll get a second Vega 64 next month and share my results to everyone if their aren't any videos online by then :D