What is the sound card with the lowest latency?

What is the sound card with the lowest objective latency over DirectSound? For reference, Realtek onboard audio and HDMI passthrough (on my hardware, at least) have around 30ms of latency, the Audigy Rx has around 45ms latency, and the STX II has 70ms latency. This low latency sound card I am looking for doesn't have to have any impressive specs like high SNR, EMI shielding, 600Ω headphone amp, 7.1 surround sound, ASIO, or 192/24 audio, but those things would be nice to have. All I want it to have is lower than 30ms of latency; the closer to 10ms latency, the better.

Mind you, I am only looking for impressive numbers over DirectSound, not ASIO or WASAPI. Most, if not all, sound cards can achieve ultralow latency over ASIO, but there are no [rhythm] games that use ASIO that I know of.

*cough* osu! *cough*

This unicorn sound card or audio interface can be PCIe or USB, but not PCI, as modern motherboards don't have support for the antiquated PCI slot. Time to go from X99 to X79, amirite? Though, if you do find a low latency solution that is only available on PCI, I'll take it. Just say it won't work on my computer so I won't get too excited.

TL;DR: Lowest latency sound card over DirectSound, less than 30ms.

i personally use a recon3d champion :P

also u dont really need it to get pro at osu :P i dont see the point of it, coz u can offset the audio :v

(◑‿◐)

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

also u dont really need it to get pro at osu :P i dont see the point of it, coz u can offset the audio :v

If I tuned the offset, my hit sounds would be out of sync. It's a problem because I play by ear at 0ms UO. Of course, I can simply use the guide you linked, but it is way too much work just to get the low latency I want. I also like my hit sounds; I don't want to hear just normal-hitnormal.wav every time I hit Z and X.

In the end, 30ms of latency is not a huge delay enough to affect my skills, but I was just curious if there was a solution on the market that is (relatively) plug and play and had very low latency downwards of 10ms.

im on a Soundblaster Z, no noticable delay for my OSU play tbh. its probably there but i cant notice it in the slightest, but then again im not especially hardcore about OSU anyway.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, nelsonpong said:

If I tuned the offset, my hit sounds would be out of sync. It's a problem because I play by ear at 0ms UO. Of course, I can simply use the guide you linked, but it is way too much work just to get the low latency I want. I also like my hit sounds; I don't want to hear just normal-hitnormal.wav every time I hit Z and X.

In the end, 30ms of latency is not a huge delay enough to affect my skills, but I was just curious if there was a solution on the market that is (relatively) plug and play and had very low latency downwards of 10ms.

just swapping soundcard wont do enough, ur going to need to do alot of software tweaking, even with the best hardware possible software always is bullshitting on u :v

software tweaking does most in these matters :v i know it sucks and its alot of work but this is the only option if u want the best

(◑‿◐)